6

________

"I think Konig isn't good for you." Stephanie's liquor started to get to her head.

I glance at her and then back at my plate, slightly twirling my fork in my pasta.

"Why do you think that?" I ask her.

"Well... He's so hard working and he's so self assured, I just think he's too different for you. He needs someone who's confident and not too needy, like me." She put her hand up to her chest.

I ignore her, glancing at the untouched martini above my plate. I stuff my face, finishing my pasta.

"He's just so big and buff, and so mysterious... he can't have someone who's so open like you." She stares at the ceiling, her eyes in awe.

I stare at her, stuffing the last fork of pasta in my mouth.

While she sat there in a dream like state, I get up, fixing my dress and grabbing my clutch before exiting the restaurant, leaving her alone at the booth. Konigs driver was parked at the front of the restaurant, as I texted him that I was almost done a few moments ago.

He opens the car door for me, allowing me to get in, before going back to the driver side.

"Everything go alright?" The car begins moving.

"Yes, it was nice." I speak bluntly, staring at the road in front of us.

"Good! Konig was looking for you, you know?" He tells.

"Any particular reason?"

"He didn't say."

We soon pulled up to the large building and the driver opened the door for me once the car was in park. He opens the door to the lobby, large glass chandeliers above my head, and a receptionist desk to my right. The floors for white marble and the accent color was gold.

I make my way to the elevator before turning to the man at the desk.

"Are the elevators fixed yet?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am."

I nod, pressing the up arrow button in the elevator. I get in, going to my stop. After about a minute, it reached my floor. I take the clutch from my shoulder, looking down at the floor while entering my home.

"What did I tell you?" Konigs voice echoed through my apartment.

________