9

_________

"Successful dinner?" He asked, driving through the fog.

I could hear the wind whistling even while inside the car.

"Yeah, it was nice." I reply, peering out of the window.

"Konigs a bit angry, so i'd suggest you don't talk to him if you planned on it." He tells me, pulling up in the front of the building.

"Why?" I ask before he got out of the car.

"Not sure." He shrugs, raising his eyebrows.

He let me out of the car like usual and I enter the building, getting greeted by the same receptionists. I pressed the button on the elevator, pressing the button to the penthouse instead of my stop.

I pull my dress down as the numbers above the elevator door increase. Once the doors slid open, I invited myself in his apartment, like normal. He never had an issue with me coming in uninvited so, it became a habit.

His home was dark. The entire living room was lit by an electric fireplace on low. Everything was in order, besides a red couch pillow on the floor. The coffee table was pushed slightly upwards.

I stepped into his apartment when a shiny metal on the table caught my eye. They were gold bangles.

So he had a girl over, nothing new.

I turned the corner, into the hallway. It was dark besides the light from his guest bedroom, shining under the door.

"Konig?" I say lowly,

I stand there, listening. Breathy high pitched moans could be heard from the other side of the door. I scrunch my face in disgust, turning around about to head back to my own home before the door opened.

"Y/N?" The sound of the door opening made me turn around.

I look up at him, a weary look upon my face. I stayed quiet, not wanting to speak. The awkwardness created an ache in my throat.

"What are you doing in here?" He asks, his voice quivery.

"Your driver said you were in a bad mood, so I decided to check on you." I drop my arms.

He looks at the floor, after nodding a bit at my response.

"You look nice... where'd you go?" His gaze on my dress.

"Dinner with an old friend." I stay blunt, trying to end the conversation.

The apartment was quiet.

"An old friend..?" He asks.

I see a glimpse of blonde hair move in the room behind him. His eyes follow mine, and he begins to feel the tension aswell.

Finally the girl glances out, under his arm, at me. Her eyes grow wide.

I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

"Stephanie?"

__________