2

_____

Steph

are you coming?
10:32 PM

Yes, i'm here
10:40 pm

where are you?
10:41 pm

Steph??
10:45 pm

I scan my surroundings before slowly taking a seat at a bar stool. I felt a few eyes on me which was nothing out of the ordinary, still wasn't fond of the feeling though.

I proceed to take my phone off silent, waiting for a response from Stephanie.

I cross my legs, resting my head on my palm, with my phone in my lap. My dress was long, slim fitting and brown with a slit down one thigh. I wore a simple 18k gold necklace I had gotten as a gift around my neck. My collarbones were tinted with rose gold body glitter, and my ears glistened with diamond studs, also a gift.

"Can I get you anything?" I look up to see a young brown haired man behind the bar table.

"No thank you, not yet." I give him a faint smile, plopping my head back down onto my hand.

He nods, going to attend other people who sat around the table.

Coincidently, I turn my head, my eyes meeting with an older, bald man. His build was wide, and his beard was long with plenty of visible grey hairs. His glare was wretched, a slight smirk was upon his face while he watched me.

He was pretty far from me, so I looked back down  onto my lap, trying to ignore the fact that I was currently being checked out.

A minute or two passes and instinctually, I look up, wondering if the man was still staring at me.

He was, deeply, his arm bouncing up and down under the table. I clench my jaw in disgust, peeking at my phone. The time read 10:59 pm.

Steph must've left.

I go to my contacts, calling the one person I knew would pick me up. 'K'

The phone rings a few times before the call was answered.

"Can you pick me up, guys are staring at me and it's starting to get aggravating." I cuff my hand under my phone so he could hear me over the music and chit chat.

I hear him sigh, and hear a girl speaking to him in the background.

"Where are you?" He groans.

"I shared my location with you." I mutter.

"I'm on my way but, you owe me."

I roll my eyes before ending the call, putting my hands in my lap, patiently waiting for him to get here. I felt the mans eyes still on me but I ignored, keeping my eyes in a separate direction.

The scenery in the bar was beautiful, too bad gross people had to ruin the entire experience.

Beautiful light fixtures hung from the ceiling, the counters were trimmed with pretty designs, and it was 100% neutral colors, making it prettier to me.

Nervously, I pull up the chest part of my dress, trying my best to cover any skin; Although, deep down I knew that it didn't matter.

K

i'm outside.
11:11 pm

I hop off the bar stool, sliding past people to get out the door, excusing myself mannerly.

The outside was lit by linen colored street lights, A woman stood near the building wall, feeling up against a man. I see a black phantom coupe and I approach it. I only know one person with that car.

I lightly pull open the passenger door, hopping inside.

"You go out like that and, you expect people not to look?" He pulls off, beginning to drive away.

"No, but I don't expect them to jerk off to me under the table." I squint, refusing to make eye contact with him.

I feel him take a glance at me, then turning back to the road.

"I was in the middle of something, you know?" He says lowly.

"You can fuck your little girlfriends later and I won't bother you."

"Y/n..." He exhales. "They aren't my 'girlfriends' stop saying that."

"What does it matter?" I finally turn to him.

"I don't care about them like you think I do." He doesn't take his eyes off the road.

"Yeah right." I doubt him, immediately.

"I've told you this already, you don't listen to me ever. This is why we broke up." His tone becomes more stern.

"That isn't why we broke up and you know that." I grit my teeth.

He begins to pull into the driveway of his building, that we both currently lived in. He parks the car in the garage, turning off the car and then turning to make eye contact with me.

"So it's just all my fault, huh?" He says, sarcastically.

"Yes!" I furrow my eyebrows,

His eyes travel from me to his lap, silence overtaking the car.

"Maybe it was.... but I tried." He admits, eyes not leaving his lap.

I don't reply and instead exit the car, shutting the door behind me. He sighs, following me. He stood behind me as he stuck the key in the elevator key slot, pressing the up button.

The elevator travels to the first floor, and from there all the other floors are accessible. His building security were always pretty fond of me, politely greeting me every morning and night.

He presses the second elevators buttons, his, the penthouse, and mine, the floor right under. I exit before him, refusing to look at him as I left.

________