22

_________

My face was met with a steaming Stephanie. Her rosy pink lips formed into a smile, the corners of her mouth reaching ear to ear. Her pupils were dilated, the whites of her eyes in the majority.

Peering down, a shiny metal blade stuck out from the grip of her hand. The end of it was dipped in red, the liquid droplets creating a patter sound as they hit the concrete.

"I told you i'd see you today.." She tilted her head, her grin widening.

I back away slowly, her arm craning backwards, lifting the pocket knife upwards.

Before she could swing, she was yanked backwards, appeared to be by her hair. She dropped to the ground, landing on her butt. She dropped the knife beside her, gasping as she fell.

Konig stood above her, a handgun pressed against the side of her head. His gloved thumb grazed the trigger before a familiar Scottish voice spoke.

"Wait!" Soap yelped.

Konig freezes, turning to Soap, a look of concern rested on his face.

Soap slowly approaches the scene, staring down Stephanie, who sat there, her face in her palms, shivering in fear. Konig shifted his weight, repeatedly, onto each foot, anxious to pull the trigger.

"Stephanie?" His voice echoed around the concrete.

She removed her hands from her face, her expression quickly changes to a smile of relief, turning around. Soap relaxes his eyebrows recognizing her face.

"John?" She pushed herself up off the ground, hopping into his arms.

Soap looked bombarded by the hug, yet instinctively placed his hands on her lower back. Soap peered over her shoulder as her face dug into his chest, furrowing his eyebrows at us.

"I'm so glad you're here." Her voice muffled into his shirt.

Konig glances at me, his eyes a bit squinted.

"W-what happened..?" Soap mutters as Stephanie pulled away from the hug, looking at him.

I feel my blood pressure rise, thinking of how to word the situation. But Stephanie beat me to it.

"That girl tried to rob me... so I had to..." Stephanie pointed to Kayla's lifeless body, faking her sadness.

"Soap..?" Konig finally spoke, seemingly just as confused as I was.

"This is my ex girlfriend... Stephanie." Soap explained, placing a hand on Stephanie's shoulder.

Stephanie reached her hand out to shake mine, shooting me a sinister smile since her face was no longer in Soaps view.

"Nice to meet you."

_________