15

______

My head rested upon my pillow, each of my eyelashes tickled by the silk pillowcase. The room was now reticent due to the current emptiness. The grey of the sky reflected through my windows. 

Konig had returned to his room now, because of my resistance to speak to him. There was no tension though, he's always been very understanding.

With the sudden rush of motivation, I get out my bed, sauntering into the bathroom. Twisting the nozzle to the left, I undress stepping in, the steam soon consuming the room.

In the midst of scrubbing conditioner into my scalp, I heard the ding of my ringtone, faintly over the running water.

I quickly rinse, wrapping a towel around me before I stepped onto the fuzzy bathroom rug. Once I reached my phone though, the buzzing concludes.

I furrow my eyebrows, annoyed, examining the missed call. It was a blocked number.

Shrugging it off, I line a navy blue bra to my chest, strapping it in the back. I slide into some briefs, topping it with a black tee and leggings.

I try calling back the number out of curiosity, but the other line quickly declines.

The top of my screen lit up with message notification.

-

K
I have a mission, helping the task force. I should be back in a few days
4:21 pm

-

This was nothing new, I reply with 'Okay, stay safe.' before dropping my phone back on the bed.

I trail down to the lobby of the apartment, due to pure boredom. There wasn't much to do, unless it's going out to a bar, or shopping. But Konig never gave me the chance to want anything. He'd always gift me with stuff just because. Even after we'd broken up.

The lobby was empty, besides the usual secretary at his desk, and a security guard by the door.

"Good evening, Y/n." The receptionist greeted me. "Can I ask you something?"

He spoke before I could greet him back.

I approach his desk, due to his tone change.

"Sure."

"Is it true that you killed Fredrick?"  He whispered, although the room was nearly empty.

The expression on his face prevented me from reading his intentions of the question. I didn't know if I were meant to be offended or what.

"No, Konig did." I admit, shamelessly.

"Oh... It's about time." He takes a sigh of relief before highlighting some exerts on his files. "He was starting to annoy me."

I let out a small laugh, before a glimpse of movement caught my eye from my peripheral.

"Hold on." I say to him, approaching the tempered glass door.

I pull open the gold handle, getting hit with a cold breeze. A light patter of rain hit the street. I scan the surroundings.

The street was empty, wet, and lit by yellow toned street lamps. There was no sign of anyone, until I quickly was met, eye to eye.

_________

finals week is over, i'm now on winter break and no longer sick so expect frequent updates.

thanks to everyone who wished me luck and gave me health tips, love you.