8

__________

I heard on a knock on my door, from the stairwell. I pop up from my seat on the couch, heading to answer the door. Fredrick stood at the door, a grin painted upon his face.

"do you need anything?" He asks, the grin not leaving his face.

"no..."

"Oh! just making sure you're alright!" He gets a bit closer, a foot in my apartment now.

"Yes.. i'm fine." I take a step back, trying to keep my distance from him.

His grin appeared sinister now, his eyes traveling my body.

"You know, if you need 'anything' you can just ask me." He threw me a wink before turning around and exiting my home completely, down the stairway.

My stomach churned with disgust. I closed the door, locking it before returning to my room to shower.

-

Opening the door to my bathroom allowed the fog to exit the room, and pervade my bedroom. Immediately, I tap my phone screen, seeing that I had a new message.

Kayla

y/n, its been so long
7:32 pm

lets hang out sometime!
7:32 pm

Kayla was another friend from my childhood, although we fell off once her and Stephanie got into a huge argument. She blocked everyone and disappeared off of all socials, I wasn't mad at her though. I understood, we were all close and a big argument like that clearly effected her terribly.

We should! Tmr?
7:40 pm

sounds great, i'll
text you tmr! don't bring
Stephanie please lol
7:41 pm

I won't, she's driving me crazy
7:41 pm

how so?
7:41 pm

let's talk about it tmr
7:42 pm

kk
7:42 pm

______

Konigs driver stood on the sidewalk, opening the car door for me in front of the Fiola. I slide out, adjusting my dress and thanking him before walking into the beautifully decorated restaurant.

(restaurant in banner 10/10 recommend)

I spot Kayla quickly due to her curly ginger hair, sitting in front of her.

Her thick hair stopped at her shoulders, her skin a glowy brown. She had a nose ring on her left side and wore glasses upon her face. Her dress was silk and cerulean blue, her nail's tapered square and french manicured.

"Y/N, it's so nice to see you again you look so good!" She smiled, her dimple showing on her right cheek.

"You do too!" I grin back at her, turning my head a bit.

"So how is everything? We haven't spoke since what? Junior year?" She looks around, reminiscing.

"Everything is fine for the most part." I keep most words concealed. "And you?"

"Great, I just got a job as a nurse and i'm really excited for it."

"Awe, i'm so happy for you."

"So what happened with Stephanie?" She quickly changes the topic.

"Well... My ex, I live with him still, and she's been all flirty with him, and a few nights ago when she was drunk she was saying how he needed someone like her." I explain,

"Well remember when she tried to get with my boyfriend in 7th grade and, then said it was a joke? She's always been a homewrecker."

"I do remember that... You would think that she would grow out of it though..." I say

"People never grow out of things like that."

_____________

Two updates tomorrow, stay tuned