5

________

I got out the car, adjusting my dress before lightly closing the car door and thanking one of Konigs drivers. I steadily walk inside the building in heels, pulling my phone from my clutch, after a faint vibration.

Steph

are you here already?
12:02 pm

Yes i'm in the front to
the right
12:02 pm

I pass by the front desk, turning to my right and spotting Stephanie at a booth alone. I strut to sit in front of her. Her long blonde hair trailed over her shoulders and a bit down her chest. She wore a fitted brown snakeskin dress and a small gold chain that said her name. Her makeup was done with a natural look, a rosey gloss upon her lips and brown false lashes to accentuate her bright blue eyes.

She had gold bangles on each arm, and gold hoops to match.

"Y/N, you look so good!" She shook her hands with enthusiasm.

"You too!!" I reply, honestly.

Me and her have been friends since primary school.

"I'm sorry about Tuesday, again." She frowned, grabbing my hands with empathy.

"It's okay don't worry about it, Konig picked me up." I reassure her.

"Are you and him like together again?" She smiles, in awe.

"Hell No." I deny.

"What? Why?"

"He's just so focused on work, he never has any real time for me. Plus he's constantly with other girls." I explain, using my hands to narrate.

"Other girls? Like romantically?"

"No, they're just booty-calls. But still, it disgusts me." I unfold the napkin, placing it in my lap.

"Hello I'm Samuel and I will be taking your order today, Can i start you off with drinks or are you ready to order?" The waiter asks.

Stephanie looks at me for confirmation before answering. I nod at her.

"Yes we're ready to order." She gives him a genuine smile.

"Okay, great." He flips to a new page in his notepad, a pen in hand.

"I'll have the filet minion with a side of caviar and a diamond cocktail." She spoke.

He turned to me.

"Fettuccini alfredo and fried mozzarella, with a lemonade." I look up at him.

"Come on, you're not gonna drink?" Stephanie turns to me.

"No, I wanna stay sober tonight." I tell her, flattening the napkin on my lap.

"Don't be silly." She turns to the waiter "She'll have a martini."

I comply, not wanting to ruin her fun. The waiter nods.

"Your drinks will be out soon," He grins before walking away.

Stephanie turns back to me.

"So with the other girls, is he doing it to get inside your head or something?" She questions.

"I'm not sure, I would guess he's doing it as a stress reliever but that's possible too." I look down at my lap.

"I don't know... I think Konig cares about you a lot, he just needs more guidance." She fixes her hair.

"Konig is 29 years old, He knows what he's doing." I tell her

"You'd be surprised."

__________