3

_____

The fireplace cracked while the water heated for my hot chocolate. Pumpkin latte scented candles rested on my coffee table. A reality tv show played with the volume low while I sat on the couch, aimlessly on my phone.

This building was Konigs. He used to be in the military, but is now a mercenary. This building is for work strictly, guards and workers everywhere; But he made this floor into a home for me. Although we had broken up, he didn't want me far out of his sight, nor fending for myself. I complied because it's free food and no rent.

I tear open the hot chocolate packet, dumping the powder into the red mug. Hot water poured in soon after. Once my hot chocolate was made, I took a seat on my couch. I expected not to speak to Konig for the next few days, thats how it always is when we have slightly negative encounters.

And I was right

_____
3 days later

The elevator dinged loudly, indicating someone had stopped on my floor. I slip my arms through my robe, holding the front of it closed. I peek around the corner to see one of the buildings workers standing in the elevator.

"Sorry! forgot they changed this floor." Konigs 'favorite' worker, Fredrick, claimed.

I knew he was lying.

He made this mistake several times now.

He grinned, pressing the button to close the elevator door. I roll my eyes, sliding on basic relaxing clothes before pressing the elevator button and going to the penthouse.

After a few seconds, the elevator doors open, exposing Konigs large, luxurious living room.

I knew his house like the back of my hand, considering I used to live here. I turn the corner, spotting the door to his bedroom. It was closed, so I knocked twice.

He answered after about a minute or two, opening the door and towering over me. He stared at me through his mask, waiting for me to speak.

"When are you putting a lock on my floor?" I put a hand on my hip as I speak.

"I don't know, why?" He asks, I could see a blonde girl behind him, on her knees by the bed.

I roll my eyes at the sight.

"Your servants keep 'accidentally' stopping at my spot." I tell him.

"Who was it this time?" He tilts his head up a bit.

"Fredrick."

The girl gets up, sliding beside him, resting her hand on his chest.

"Come on, baby. You know how much I love sucking you." She looked up at him seductively, rubbing on him, passing a glance at me with a smirk.

I glare at her.

"If you were good enough, he wouldn't have gotten up to answer the door." I scrunch my nose up at her.

She squints, giving me her best death glare.

Konig grabs her hand, pushing her back into his room; before turning back to me. He looks me up and down, grabbing the end of my shirt.

"This is my shirt, you know that?" He tugs at it.

"Do you want it back or something?" I raise my eyebrows.

"No baby, it looks better on you anyways." He stands back.

"Don't call me that, your hoe might get jealous." I brush him off.

He chuckles.

"I'll have a lock put on your floor soon." He bends down to make direct eye contact with me.

"Thank you." I say sternly, leaving the way I came in.

________