7

__________

"Konig.." I stop in my tracks, staring at him, the elevator doors closing behind me.

"What did I tell you?" He repeated himself, his voice more stern this time.

All the lights in my home were off besides one dainty crystal light on the end table of my couch. His legs were spread, a hand in his lap as he spoke.

I drop my arms to my side.

"You told me not to go.. but, Konig i'm fine; and i'm an adult, I can go out alone." I inch closer to him.

He scoffs.

"Something bad could've happened to you and I wouldn't have been there." 

"I don't need you to protect me." I cross my arms, glaring at him.

He stands up, stepping closer to me, towering over me.

"You've always been so stubborn." He remarks,
exiting my apartment through the stairwell.

I watch quietly as he leaves, before getting ready for bed.

_
the next morning

I sat on a beanbag chair in my bedroom, peppermint latte scented candles lit on my ottoman tray.

I wore a cleansing face mask, reading 'it ends with us' only the best romance book there is. I flipped each page lightly, the sun shining through my large city/sized windows.

I wore black leggings and a black zip up hoodie with, fuzzy slides on my feet. My hair was pulled into a low ponytail with a few strands pulled out here and there.

Steph

hey! i'm downstairs
can you let me in? ❤️
11:23 AM

I hop up, pressing the elevator button to go down. Once I reached the lobby, I could see Stephanie smiling and waving at me through the glass. I pull open the glass doors for her, letting her step in.

"I- uh... just wanted to give you this, I was a little too drunk last night haha." She smiled, handing me a lipgloss that must've slipped out my clutch.

"Thank you," I take it, placing it in my jacket pocket.

"So uh, where's Konig?" She looks around the lobby.

I shrug, turning to the receptionist.

"Where's Konig?" I ask him.

"He's out on a business meeting, he should be back soon." He gives me a faint smile before looking back down at his paperwork.

"Oh, Y/N you don't have to wait down here with me, I just wanted to see how Konig was doing, it's been so long." She smirks.

Before I could reply, Konig enters the building, 2 other soldiers he's fairly close with, behind him. Stephanie immediately turns to him. Konig stops in his track between us.

"Konig, it's been so long." Stephanie grins up at him. "Have you gotten buffer?"

I stare at her, and then him.

Konig removes his eyes from her, turning to me now, before traveling to the elevator, ignoring her.

"Stephanie why are you flirting with him?" I nervously chuckle.

"I'm notttt." She drags her words. "It's just been a while, that's all" I see a pink tint upon her cheeks while she held her own hands.

"Right... thanks for the lipgloss." I cut the conversation off, returning to my room.

__________