Bonus Chapter: Silence fool

The Following Chapter is in the Point Of View of an Unnamed Classmate.

"*knock knock*" 

It was him. Shawn Ronquid. The deaf kid with a positive attitude.

'I made you another bento box' He wrote on the whiteboard he had on him at all times.

'Thank you' I drew on a blank canvas on the tablet I'd bring to school.

I opened the container to find what looked like a Rice balls, octopus hotdogs, tamagoyaki, and a few other things inside. 

'It's really good Shawn.' I wrote on my tablet.

'It's my pleasure' He wrote back.

'didn't you bring your own lunch?' I asked him.

'I eat at school. I don't like packing food inside containers, or buying food from the school cafeteria.' He wrote

'But you still made lunch for me.' 

'That's because I like you' 

'You like me?' I wondered

'Of course I do! You're a really nice person. Sitting here on the rooftop with you is nice.' Shawn wrote.

'No one has ever told me that I'm a nice person.' I told him.

'Then people are missing out on what a great person you are' He wrote. That comment made me smile.

'I appreciate you telling me that I'm a great person' I wrote. 'Thank you for the lunch Shawn. It was quite delicious!'

'Thank you for your kind word' Wrote Shawn.

"*Ring!! Ring!!*"

'The bell went just now' I drew on my tablet. I gave him back the bento box, and chopsticks. I left immediately after telling him. I have to get to class.

.

.

.

So. Shawn has been bringing me lunch on the school rooftop for that past week now. We've talked, had a few laughs. My time with him was enjoyable, despite him being deaf.

'Are you going to be a chef after graduating Junior and high school?' I asked Shawn.

'I think so. My life already seems pretty set out for me' Shawn wrote.

'You're certain?' When I asked, Shawn had pulled out a envelope from inside his pocket. He passed it to me, and I read it.

"To Mr. Shawn Ronquid. Kanto's Elite Trainer Academy has recently scouted for next year's first year class. As a result, you have been selected, and we invite you to join us as the Ultimate Chef. Included is an orientation guide to Kanto's Elite Trainer Academy." I read the note.

"Shawn this is-" Oh right. He can't hear me. I quickly started drawing on my tablet.

'Shawn this is amazing! You got selected to be the Ultimate Chef at KETA. Only the most prestigious school in the entire region!' I wrote.

'I know. It's not an easy feat.' He wrote on his whiteboard.

'Shawn. You're upset about something. You know that you can tell me anything, right?' I asked him.

'I won't be able to go to the same school as you will I?' That... that was what he was worried about. I tried thinking of what to say to him next.

'We're still going to be friends. We can see each other still.' I told him.

'I know. But I won't  be able to make you lunch and sit on the rooftop with you.' Shawn wrote. He erased his whiteboard and wrote another sentence. 'I'm going to be moving houses. My parents decided that it would be for the better.'

"*Ring!* *Ring!*"

'The bell went right? I'll see you around.' He showed me his whiteboard and left. This was going to be the last time I get to sit with him on the rooftop with him, in person. 

.

.

.

I went to my last class of the day, the last class of the year. Shawn won't make it to graduation, or the after party. I'm going to miss him for a while.

The school bell rang, and I packed the last of stuff of my locker.... Huh? What's this? There was sticky note that was slipped in my locker.

'I couldn't just wait for the next time I see you again. So I'll go ahead and tell you now. I love you.' This note!.... It must be from him.

...

"Honey you got mail!" My father called from downstairs.

"I'll be right there Papa!"

"Come quick. It's pretty important!!" 

"Alright Alright! I'm coming down" I ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen. This envelope. I wonder what it could be. "You already reading it!!"

"Kanto's Elite Trainer Academy has recently scouted for next year's first year class. As a result, you have been selected, and we invite you to join us as the Ultimate Babysitter. Included is an orientation guide to Kanto's Elite Trainer Academy." My Father said.

"What..?" I questioned him.

"You got into KETA honey!"

"Are you serious?!"

"Read who it's for!" Yelled Dad.

"I don't believe you." I grabbed the letter off my father. There it was my name. At the top of the letter. "To Miss Constance Nineras"