Bonus Chapter: Above the clouds

The Following Chapter is in the Point Of View of an Unnamed Classmate.

"R-royal flush!" I yelled out. Right then and there, on the other side of the table. The captain of this ship. Guila Barcos, a person who's been scouted to enroll to the most prestigious school of all time. Kanto's Elite Trainer Academy. She... she was looking staring at me, in disbelief.

"It seems that the first time on this ship. Someone was able to beat me!" Guila said loud and proud. "And to think that tonight's guest. Give it up for them!" The entire crew cheered and drank threw the night. Of course, Guila and I couldn't drink, we were still in school.

I was resting my arms on the railing of the deck, when Guila joined me.

"You feel the breeze?" She asked me.

"Yes.. It's cool. It feels really soothing. The water's also pretty, the way the moonlight reflects on it. It's like crystals." I said.

We both looked at the water for a bit of time, until Guila spoke again.

"It was a surprise that you beat me in a gamble at your very first game." She said.

"We didn't actually gamble though?"

"I know, It's illegal for us to gamble. At least till we're 18 years of age." said Guila. "But I do plan on gambling a lot."

"Why? I thought being a Ship captain was what you wanted?"

"A Ship Captain? That's just my starting point. I've heard from different sources that people who work on ships are good at gambling. They also make for great Pokemon battles." Guila explained.

"You were scouted by KETA to enroll as the Ultimate Ship Captain right? Doesn't that mean you have to be on a ship a lot when you graduate?" I asked.

"Well.. It's not like being a Ship Captain is the only thing I'm good at, people can do a lot of things. For example, I could try aim to be some kind of water sport racer." Guila grabbed a Pokeball from her coat. She released the Pokemon out into the water. I Gyarados popped out right in front of me, and Guila hopped on it. "What are you waiting for? Hop on!" She yelled.

"Ah-.. Ok!" I said hopping on.

"Now I'm going to show you some speed." She said to me. "You ready partner?" She asked her Pokemon. the Gyarados growled and started swimming across the water.

"Woah?! We're going so fast!?" I exclaimed.

"I know!.. But just sit your butt still. You ain't seen nothing yet!!" Guila shouted. I had no idea what she could possibly have in store for me next, but I was ecstatic. "Up Partner. Up!" She yelled to her Gyarados. 

"W-wait?! We're flying! We're Flying!!" I exclaimed. We soared through the sky, and above the clouds. They felt, wet? But at the same time, very airy.

"This feels great right?" Guila asked me.

"It definitely does!" I yelled out in excitement. We continued flying in the air, when I saw something in the faint distance. "There's something there."

"A Pokemon." Guila said. We soared and tried catching up to it. "It looks like another Gyarados." She said

"A red one!" I squealed.

"Gyarados, use Aqua Tail!" Guila ordered her Pokemon. The attack hit the shiny Gyarados. "Go Pokeball!" She threw a Pokeball at the Pokemon, and it started falling from the sky. We quickly rushed down to get it. 

"I.. I got it!" I snatched the ball, as it then clicked.

"Nice catch!" Guila said.

"Thanks." We rode upon Guila's Gyarados all the way back to the boat. Once we hoped off, she returned her Gyarados to its Pokeball.

"That was such a breathtaking experience." I blurted out. "Anyways, here's the Pokeball." I handed over the Pokeball to Guila, but she pushed my hand back at me.

"You keep it. Think of it as a prize for defeating me in a card game." She said.

"Thank you so much! You have my gratitude!"