Chapter 122 ~ Intermission

After the tense, unwanted meeting with Aria in the hallway, I sat down on the couch and began to meditate.

Although my fear of Aria had disappeared, my heart was still a bit shaken from the exchange. So to calm myself down and stabilize the flow of mana, I began meditating.

My turn was still in a few hours since I still needed to wait for six other matches before the semi-finals started. So I have plenty of time to meditate and refocus my attention on the tournament.

I took a deep breath, and released it slowly through my nose. I relaxed my body and focused on the flow of mana within me, and slowly, I began to feel the normally imaginary sensation of water that is mana in reality.

As expected, they were flowing very quickly, like a river rushing quickly down a mountain. So I took a deep breath and slowly tried to slow them down.

Fubuki, who would usually stay around my neck, had gotten off and also began to meditate on her own. She was also a bit agitated back when she met Aria, so she must also be trying to calm herself down. And slowly, I can feel her mana slowly regulating back to normal.

That's good... Good job, Fubuki~

I praised Fubuki silently and continued to meditate.

As time passed, I observed the matches that had been going on by sensing the fluctuations in mana. While I'm meditating, all my senses sharpen, especially my magic sense, allowing me to sense a lot of things even from far away as long as they have mana.

It's like I can feel the change in atmosphere and the air from just the fluctuations in mana alone.

Lawliela-sama had conducted an experiment with me in the past, right after I told her about this. She wanted to know how far I can sense magical fluctuations, the precision of my magic sense, and how big of a fluctuation it needed to be for me to sense it.

Turns out, I can sense someone lighting up a candle with a super small fire elemental spell in the castle from my room.

When I told her the result... there was a terrifying glint in Lawliela-sama's eyes. And since then, she had increased the difficulty of my magic training and made a new training regiment that would force me to use that enhanced sense even when I'm not meditating.

Thanks to that, my magic sense had become even more sensitive and accurate. But... I wouldn't want to go through that again. After all, how can I live with the grand magus herself terrorizing me at every waking moment by firing lightning spells at me randomly wherever I go?!

Hah... I remember I couldn't even fall asleep for a few nights when we just started and I became super paranoid...

But well... Thanks to that, I could sense magic very accurately. Even though I'm in this room, by just sensing the mana fluctuations, I can observe the ongoing matches as if I'm watching it on tv.

Hmph, so Wilhelm won his match, huh? I guess the little dirt boy got some skills after all~ Kukuku~

Ah! It's Evelyn against Keith! Go Evelyn~!!! You can do it~!!! And Keith, if you dare touch a hair on her head, then I'll turn you into an ice statue, okay~

Ooooh~!!! Nice spell, Evelyn~! Kukuku~ Keith must've been super shocked by that, huh~?

Hm? Why is nothing happening now...? Are they talking...? Hm? Why did Keith's mana suddenly fluctuate like he's surprised?

Oh, he must be surprised by Evelyn's skills, huh~? Fufufu~ Take that, you reformed playboy~!!!

Yaaaaay~!!! Evelyn won~!!! Good job, Eve~!!!