Chapter 80 ~ Savior

[3rd Person POV]

The beautiful music of a grand orchestra resounded within the grand ballroom hall of the Lorya estate, accompanying the conversations between nobles, merchants, and honored guests that have had the privilege of being invited to this grand event.

Meeting old friends, making new acquaintances, or introducing themselves to people of higher stations; everyone that had been invited didn't let this chance to nurture and grow their network go and put their best self forward to impress. Especially in a place where so many marquis and ducal households gather. One would be a fool to just stay in the corner of such a grand event.

Normally, nobles below the rank of Earl wouldn't have the chance to be invited to such a high class party celebrating the birthday of a duke, who also acts as prime minister, daughter. Especially one where they could see the entire member of the royal family in flesh just a few distance away from them. However, a few viscounts and barons who had relations to "Eden" had been invited.

One such noble was Baron Charles von Ingvild, a middle-aged low ranking noble with an average appearance, dirty brown hair, and average upbringing despite having a title of nobility, who owned a small piece of land containing a large village and a few smaller villages around it in the countryside. He came with his son, the heir to his title, and his son's wife.

By all standards of the norm, he wasn't supposed to have the requirements to attend the birthday of the future crown princess and daughter of Duke Lorya.

Even though his business had begun to flourish in the last few years, he was still a Baron. A small-time noble who was, quite frankly, closer to being a commoner than a noble.

However, he was now here, standing in the midst of the pillars of the kingdom. All because of the day that changed his entire life. The day the first daughter of Duke Lorya came to his land five years ago.

She was only 10 back then, and at first, he was quite confused why the famous flower of the kingdom and future crown princess would come visit his fief. There was nothing that would entertain the daughter of a duke out here in the countryside.

The only thing that he could consider the pride of his fief were the fertile lands and the suitable weather for him to grow various vegetables, fruits, flowers, and plants, and raise farm animals. They were quite a self-sustaining fief with any excess sold as additional income.

If he were to pick one aspect of his fief that could perhaps entertain the daughter of the duke, then it would be the massive flower garden that he had built for his late wife in the backyard of his estate and the massive field of flowers just outside the village.

And as he expected, the angelic lady of house Lorya indeed asked him to guide her through the field of flowers as well as see the flower garden when he invited her to his humble abode.

But, to his surprise, her reason for visiting wasn't only to admire his prized flower gardens, but for a business negotiation.

He was shocked beyond belief and wouldn't have taken it seriously, even though he would still act intrigued by her words given her position. But when she saw her eyes and listened to her words... It was as if he was talking with an extremely experienced merchant from the royal capital or the head of a high ranking noble family.

Even when she was accompanied by a female adult who introduced herself as the manager of "Eden", he couldn't subvert his attention and focus from the little girl who emanated this awe-inspiring charisma and radiance.

She wanted him to supply her company, "Eden", with flowers, one of the raw ingredients that would give the ever so popular "shampoo" and "conditioner" their fragrant scent. Flowers were indeed one of the main attractions of his small fief, but they were just mere decorations that made his fief appear beautiful... He never thought of growing them, harvesting them, and selling them as he would any other crops or animals.