Chapter 97 ~ Rumors About the Heroine?

An oasis is a fertile or green area in an arid region. A place where water was abundant within a desert. A haven, a place of refuge and relief.

The main stage of the otome game "Lovely Happenings", this royal academy, might as well be a desert to me. With Aria, the heroine, here, I can't let my guard down and must be on constant vigilance if I don't want to be framed and fall into one of the many bad endings "Alterisa" had.

"Ufufufu~ Risa-sama~ Please have another bite~ Here you go. Aaaaaaaaah~"

"Aaaaaaaum~ Mmmmm~! It's so delicious~ THank you, Evelyn~"

"Ah! That's not fair, Evelyn! I was supposed to be the one feeding Risa-chan next!"

"Alterisa-sama~ Here, please try this one as well~ Aaaaaah~"

"Aaaaum~"

"Ah! Even Noir!!! Hm? Ah! Illya, why are you trying to sneak past me again?!"

"H-Hauuu... B-But, I-I want to feed Alterisa-sama as well!"

"Gnununu... But I was supposed to be next!"

"H-How immature... We are students of the Royal Academy. Please maintain your dignity and act accordingly."

"...Celine, you're not that convincing when you have already prepared a bite for Risa-chan on your plate."

"K-Kuh!"

But... If the royal academy is a desert, then this must be my oasis... An oasis of beauties...

If someone saw what's happening here, I'm sure they'll cry rivers of blood in jealousy and envy.

What a sinful woman I am, monopolizing the academy's greatest beauties to myself~ Well, I don't feel guilty~

With a table full of various kinds of desserts and tea Anne and Maria-chan prepared as well as some desserts the girls brought, we enjoyed the morning together in my dorm room.

I was a bit worried that some of them might not be able to join since it's so sudden. But it seems like that worry was for naught. They all came here fairly quickly and were all very excited to have this little girls' gathering.

With a fragrant tea in my hand, I watched the girls talk to each other very amicably. They seemed to be competing for some reason, but I guess that's just how they get along.

They're all graceful and elegant ladies of nobility, but when we're not in public, they'd become just like any other girls their age. And seeing them like this makes me so happy. It feels like we're not only friends because our families have close relationships with each other, but true, genuine friends.

As I was falling into a daze, I noticed Evelyn silently moving her chair towards me. And when we're super close, she began to whisper.

"Risa-sama... Are we perhaps the first guests to be invited to your room?

"Hm? If you don't count Lu-nii as a guest then... I guess you are."

A beautiful smile bloomed on her face, and for a second I can swear I saw blue flowers blooming from behind her as well.

"Hm~ I see~ Ufufufu~ It's an honor, Risa-sama~ May I also invite you to be the first guest to my room~? I will prepare a lot of snacks that you love~"

Ooooh~ A sleepover at a friend's dorm~? That sounds like a great idea~!!!

"I'd be happy too~ I'll look forward to it, Evelyn~"

"Yes~!"

"Ah! Evelyn is being sneaky again! No fair! Risa-chan has to visit my room too!!!"

"M-Me too! I-I will prepare a lot of snacks for Alterisa-sama!"