Chapter 68 ~ Grand Ball

[3rd Person POV]

The grand ball room of the royal palace, the grandest and largest ballroom in the kingdom where even packing hundreds of people inside would not make the room feel crowded in the slightest, had been the venue of the grand ball held on the last day of the Kingdom's Founding Festival since the start of its history.

The high, high ceiling and the surrounding walls were predominantly white in color, with golden decorations and nature-themed engravings as highlights. On the sides of the ballroom were large, high windows with curtains tied neatly on their side that lead to a balcony, where guests could have a breath of fresh air away from the party.

At the far end of the grand ballroom, a small set of staircases lead up to an elevated space with the golden symbol of the kingdom carved onto the wall behind it; a space for the ruler of the kingdom to make their words and presence known to the entire grand ball room.

The brilliantly polished marble floors of the royal palace's grand ballroom, reflecting the enormous crystal chandeliers - made of precious stones and crystals of all colors of the rainbow - hanging down from the tall ceiling, shined beautifully as if twinkling stars were embedded in its surface.

Yet, the glimmer of the floor still paled in comparison to the sparkle of the nobilities who had attended the grand ball in their greatest outfits.

In such a massive gathering, where even barons and viscounts would be able to see, and perhaps even mingle with individuals of high statures such as a marquis, duke, or even a member of the royal family, no members of nobilities would embarrass themselves and throw such a chance away by appearing only in a "decent" outfit.

Every single member of nobilities who have attended this grand ball had done their utmost to dress in the best outfit they could afford.

Even children were dressed in spectacular dresses and suits. After all, it was never too early for them to mingle in high society and forge relationships with other children from allied household, make new alliances from other households, or perhaps even gain a partner for a potential marriage in the future.

This was especially true this year.

The grand ball of this year's Kingdom's Founding Festival would be attended by the children who were well-known and had gained the reputation of being the future shining stars that will lead the kingdom into an even more prosperous future amongst the noble society.

The young lady of the ducal household Silium, Evelyn von Silium, who was well-known for her elegance, beauty, and intelligence.

The young master of the ducal household Varion, Keith von Varion, who had captured the hearts of many young ladies with his words, appearance, and brilliant mind.

The young daughter of the greatest magus in the kingdom who has the potential to become an even greater magus than her mother, Valerie von Magus.

The son of marquis Orythium, the rumored prodigy and apprentice to the greatest magus, Wilhelm von Orythium.

The prodigious young master and lady of the Raeven household and children of the strongest knight of the kingdom, Luke and Noir von Raeven.

The blooming flower of the noble society who had proven her worth, beauty, elegance, and intelligence to become a respected lady, Illya von Luminum.

The young master of the ducal household Lorya and son to the current prime minister of the kingdom who had displayed and proven his genius from such a young age, Lucas von Lorya.

The perfect crown prince and heir to the throne of the kingdom who have showed the disposition, bearing, intelligence, courage, and majesty worthy of the throne, his highness Alexus von Derium.