Chapter 27 ~ Tea Party (4)

AN: Tough week last week. Currently interning and had to work overtime for a few days. New experience, and I guess that's the point of internships.

Hope you guys have a great day and week ahead of all of you~!!! I also hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!!!

"Lorya-sama... Why are you being so close to Evelyn?"

Hm? What?

"Are you trying to receive the grace of Duke Silium? Or perhaps you're trying to find out the weakness of the Silium Household through Evelyn?"

W-Wait! W-What's with these wild assumptions?!

"I see... Judging by your reactions, it seems I am correct. That is very unfortunate. After hearing of your genius and exploits, I though you could be Evelyn's friend and support her. But to think you were to use it for evil..."

"W-Wha... Please wait, Silva-sama. What are you talking about?"

Seriously! What's this girl talking about?

"I know from the start. From the moment I heard about you from the rumors and from Evelyn, that you are trying to use Evelyn for your own good! That's why you're getting friendly with her, aren't you!"

For my own good? Does that include wanting her to spoil me like how an elder sister would to her little sister? It doesn't, right?

This girl sure has one hell of an imagination...

"No... It is nothing that deep, though..."

"Lies! If not so, then why would you want to be close to her?!"

"Because she is cute?"

...Hm? What's with the silence? Ah, is it not enough reason?

"Evelyn is very cute, but that is not all. She is kind, honest, and very smart. Not to mention the elegance and gentleness that seemed to have already taken shape despite her young age."

She is growing splendidly to become an ara-ara onee-sama. Umu!

"I-I do not have many friends, so when I first met her in my debutante, I felt very happy that she wished to be my friend. If I seem to cling on to her very much, then that may be the reason. However, I do wish to become long-life friends with her!"

Mm, not just because I've known her from "Lovely Happenings". After knowing her in reality, exchanging letters with her, and hearing her thoughts, I genuinely wish to become her close friend, someone I can share my thoughts and opinions with without restrain.

As you would've expected, I can't share absolutely everything with my parents as well as my little sister, Kiara. Lu-nii as well. Though I've known him even before we were reincarnated here, I can't just talk about everything with him. He's my elder brother, and a boy. That limits what I can talk to him about.

Similarly, I also can not talk about absolutely everything with Alexus for the same reason. The only one who I can talk to without holding back is Lily. But she's a princess and we can not meet frequently, at least for now.

That is why, I want to make female friends who are my age who I can talk to without restraint! But those kinds of close friends are hard to come by as nobles.

Most, if not, all nobles would immediately think of profits and the benefits they would receive when making friends. That's why, most nobles couldn't make truly close friends they could trust completely. This is also the case even with young noble ladies.