Chapter 112 ~ Royal Couple

[3rd Person POV]

The day has come... A day to be remembered for eternity.

As the crown prince of Deruria Kingdom, banquets, meetings with foreign ambassadors, and other social events that were attended by high ranking members of nobility were not foreign to Alexus. In fact, due to the brilliance he had shown from such a young age, he had attended countless events held by the high society as a representative of his royal family and kingdom since he was young.

It was a normal occurrence for him and he had long since forgotten how to feel nervous from such an event. After all, one wouldn't be nervous to go on their daily run to the market. It was the same thing for him.

But right now... an incredible feeling of nervousness filled his entire being.

His heart beated quickly, and he couldn't help but move his limbs restlessly as he stood in front of a store at the border between the noble district and the main market district.

Noises of celebration, music, cheers, and all noises of festivities coming from the market district of the royal capital reached even this far out of the center.

It was the first day of the Spring Festival Holiday! One of the largest festivals in the kingdom meant to celebrate yet another year of bountiful harvest, peace, and prosperity for the kingdom!

The entire royal capital was filled with festivities with the people going around the many festivals, celebrations, and parties around the city and enjoy the spring holiday to their hearts' content.

But none entered his ears. He was too nervous to even hear the noise.

After all... this would be his first date with the love of his life.

He had dreamt of this moment countless times since he fell in love with her. To go on a date, an outing, as lovers... It was a dream come true.

He was dressed as a commoner in a simple white shirt, long brown leather pants, and a cloak to hide his features, and while it differed from all the dreams he had in the past, clothes did not matter to him in the least.

As long as he was with her, then he would be happy.

They've promised to meet outside of a small flower store a few blocks away from where Eden was at 9 in the morning.

Originally, Alexus suggested they meet inside Eden. However, with the event and promotion Eden was holding for the spring festival, it would be impossible for them to even enter the building and pass through an entire crowd without getting found out.

So, they agreed to meet here, and Alexus came an entire hour early.

The last thing he wanted was to come late to his first date with his beloved. But even more than that, he simply couldn't stay still in his home in the castle. He had been extremely nervous and excited at the same time since the day Alterisa invited him for this date, and he could no longer wait another minute.

He took a deep breath, and breathed out slowly, trying his best to calm his rapidly beating heart.

And to try to distract himself from his nervousness, he tried imagining his past with Alterisa.

How the world around him regained its color and became vibrant, full of life, the moment she came into his life. And then, she continued to paint even more color to his dull life, making every day of his life so much more exciting, hopeful, and joyful.

She had become the sun of his life. She was the reason he would always look forward to tomorrow. Because there was a chance that he could meet her.

A soft, loving smile appeared on his face, a smile that would've entranced all the ladies that were walking about on the road before him if not for the hood that covered his head.