Chapter 15 ~ Magic Affinity Test

AN: Hey~!! Hope you guys enjoy this update~!!

Oh no, I'm getting really nervous.

I'm now walking towards the crystal ball which was placed on a podium. It was a crystal ball used to measure the amount of mana and the elements a person has affinity for.

Every noble house was given this crystal ball by the Kingdom to measure the magic of their house's children. However this time, Lawlieala-sama specially borrowed the crystal ball from the castle which could handle much more magical power than the ones we have and more accurately too.

...When did this become such a big deal? Mom, dad, Lu-nii, and literally everyone in the hall are staring at me so hard!

Especially Lawliela-sama! I swear I saw a glint in her eyes!

Hah... Well, I guess they would be interested in seeing the daughter of the prime minister's magic affinity. I was excited at first, but this amount of attention, especially from the guys, is a little bit too much...

I kept my cool and elegance as I walked up to the podium with a pearl-white crystal ball resting on a crimson pillow. I glanced at the direction of my family and saw my father smiling at me assuringly, mother smiling soothingly, and Lu-nii giving me a thumbs up and a small smile.

Hehe, their smiles really calm me down.

I turned towards the crystal ball right in front of me and looked at Lawliela-sama who would be monitoring my test.

She gave me a slight nod and I nodded back.

Phew... It's time. I just need to let my magic flow into the ball right?

The ball became silent as everyone was bated in anticipation. Seriously, this is becoming a much bigger deal than I thought...

Oh right... I think Alterisa's magic affinity test was mentioned somewhere in the game. Her family grandly celebrated her debutante and she was overly haughty, telling everyone that she's going to have an incredible magic power.

But when the time came, she turned out to have a low magic power, humiliating herself and her family in the process.

Oh no... Will I end up like that? I don't mind if I have a low magic power. Although it's unfortunate, I didn't boast about it like Alterisa so it wouldn't be that humiliating. But I don't want to humiliate my family.

I started shaking and looked down at my feet.

Sensing my anxiety, Lawliela-sama put her hand on my shoulder and comforted me.

"It is going to be fine, Alterisa-kun."

"Eh?"

"I can assure you, your magic power is out of the ordinary which would not embarrass you and your family. And I am sure your family would not feel embarrassed no matter the result, right?"

I looked towards my family once again and still saw the same reassuring smile filled with affection.

She's right. My family loves me as much as I love them. They wouldn't mind no matter what the result of this test is. And if the noble society belittles us, I will show them that I could still make them bow down without magic.

"Thank you very much, Lawliela-sama."

"Yes."

I smiled then placed my hand on the crystal ball and closed my eyes.