Chapter 108 ~ "Assignment"

[Alterisa's POV]

"Hehehe~ Alterisa-sama~"

"Hm~? What is it, Noir?"

"Nn~ It's nothing~"

Hm? Noir seems super happy? Did something good happen to her?

It was the day after my secret meeting with Evelyn. And currently, Noir, Valerie-chan, Illya, Ellie, and I were on our way to the garden for lunch. We've bought our meals from the dining hall, and we're bringing them along with us in a cute, straw basket.

As we're walking, Noir and Valerie-chan linked their arms around mine, and now, I look like a young, playboy with two super cute girls in both hands.

It was amazing... It was truly amazing.

Having two flowers in both of my hands, and two more shining their smile upon me. It was a truly befitting sight for the Prince of the Drama Club such as myself.

But they seemed even happier than me!

Noir has been giggling ever since she linked up with me, while Valerie was humming a tune as we walked arm in arm.

Oooh~ They must be enjoying acting like this when we're in public~ Ufufufu~

Normally, such conduct does not befit a noble lady, after all. But since this is the academy, this level of conduct is fine. And they must be so happy to be able to finally relax their shoulders and not have to mind about the strict etiquette all young noble ladies must adhere to 24/7.

I would've been on cloud nine if this happened before I had my talk with Evelyn, but now, I can't stop thinking about what she could be talking about with Keith.

The image of the ever-smiling Evelyn talking so seriously like that with Keith couldn't leave my mind. And I'm honestly worried for her...

I tried to ask her about it multiple times yesterday, but Evelyn just brushed it off and began distracting me by feeding me the desserts!

She even said the legendary "Aaaaaaaahn~" to me! Of course I can't reject her!

And before I knew it, it was already too late, and she returned to her room...

"Hah..."

"Hm? Is something bothering you, Alterisa-sama?"

Noir looked up to me and tilted her head questioningly.

Gufuu! T-That expression is unfair... S-She's so cute...

"Nn... I'm just wondering what is happening with Evelyn. She seemed... troubled recently."

Noir looked at me for a moment before a bright smile bloomed on her face.

"Hehe~ I'm sure she is fine, Alterisa-sama~ Please don't worry~ If she is troubled, I'm sure she will talk to us~ Then, we will help her to the best of our abilities~"

"Mm... I hope so."

Am I overthinking things...? No one else seems to be worried. I mean, I know Evelyn is a very competent girl, but... I can't help but worry.

Hah... I feel like I've been worrying a lot lately... I blame the heroine for this.

We soon arrived at the garden and we immediately took a table for ourselves. The garden at the center of the academy was very popular because of its beauty and the open space. Many students and teachers went to eat here instead of in the dining room since they could also get a breath of fresh air and feel the sun on their skin after a long day indoors.