Chapter 31 ~ What in the World is Wrong with This Broccoli?

"There you are, Alterisa von Lorya! How dare you steal Valerie away from me! I'll challenge you to a magic duel and teach you your place!!!"

I reflectively turned towards the loud voice. It belonged to a young boy with short dark green hair in a mage's cloak.

What in the world... Just who is this loud broccoli?

Wait... He seemed very familiar...

Just as I began wondering, I heard the clicking sound of Lawliela-sama's heels as she walked briskly towards the boy.

"G-Geh... M-M-Magus-s-sama..."

The boy's voice began to tremble. His body also began to quiver and I could see the fear surfacing from his face.

"You better have a good reason for this, Orythium-kun. I knew you were a fool, but I can't believe you would raise your voice to the prime minister's beloved daughter in the palace."

Lawliela-sama's chilling voice froze the entire area...

O-Oh my God... This is the first time I've ever seen Lawliela-sama this mad, and it was even scarier than I expected.

She's not using magic, but all of us are frozen in place from just her voice.

*Tightens*

Valerie suddenly tightens her hold around my arm.

I looked over to her and saw her scowling at... Wilhelm? Wait... Isn't he your capture target?

Ah, is it because he's being so rude to us and did such a thing in the palace's halls? As Lawliela-sama's daughter, I guess that would be very displeasing. After all, no matter how emotional you get, it's common sense as a noble to never show such disgraceful behavior in public, especially in the palace.

Age doesn't matter. Even if we're five, the fact that we are allowed outside of our house means that we are ready to be seen by the public. Otherwise, we will not be let out of our house and be shown in public until we possess the etiquette and manners befitting a noble.

The fact that he raised his voice so loudly towards me, who's standing above him, and in front of Lawliela-sama, the grand magus and head of this kingdom's royal court magicians, and her daughter, is nothing short of disrespect and a tremendous breach of courtesy.

Well... I guess his character description is on point. A genius in magic, but coarse and emotional. He's usually the quiet type, but once he got emotional, he became a serious pain.

Seriously. Some fans of "Lovely Happenings" love the contrast between when he's quiet and when he becomes... "wild", I guess. But most didn't like him because of how much of a pain he is. The only thing he has in spades are his magic and face.

When I played the game, I wasn't particularly annoyed by him. As I said before, he's usually quiet, and whenever he became a pain, I'd usually just rush through it.

But now... Now that I can't quickly press the O button real quick and skip his scenes, I understand how troublesome he really is just from this one interaction.

I mean... What kind of medieval corrupted knight are you? Challenging someone, especially a girl, to a duel because the girl you like isn't spending more time with you?

Hah... What a brat. You deserve Lawliela-sama's scolding.

"So? Why is it that you wish to challenge Alterisa-kun to a duel?"

Oh? Has she finished scolding Wilhelm?

Oh, I guess not... He's still kneeling on the ground, teary eyed.