Chapter 85 ~ C-Could it be...?

[3rd person POV]

The personal study of his majesty the King was located deep within the royal palace, only a few distance away from the inner chambers where the bed chambers of the royal family members were located.

Similarly, the private meeting chambers meant to welcome close relatives and personal guests of the royal family, the grand royal parlor for the royal family and their personal guests, her majesty's study, her highness the princess's study, and the crown prince study was also located near the inner chambers, both for ease of access for the royal family members and to be more easily protected.

This morning, his highness Alexus was performing his responsibilities as the crown prince within his personal study. Stacks and stacks of documents piled up on his large, beautifully crafted mahogany desk as he sat behind them, looking down on the document before him with a pen in his hand.

The large amount of documents before him was not due to his inability to complete his previous tasks on time. In fact, he had finished all of them completely. However, a large pile of documents that needed his approval and various kinds of reports coincidentally arrived on his table at the same time.

His hand, which has been flowing through the surfaces of documents and signing them without pausing, slowly came to a stop as he fell into a daze.

He took a deep breath and sighed heavily.

"Your hand has stopped moving, your highness? I know you're not that easily worn out, so please continue to move those hands and finish up this mountain of papers."

A flat, deadpan voice resounded from his side, behind the stack of paper to his right.

"Lucas... How could you even see that my hand is not moving?"

"I can't hear the sound of the pen going through the parchment."

Lucas said without even looking at him and keeping his eyes on the documents he needed to review and filter before handing it to Alexus.

"...You and your monstrous senses."

Alexus put his fountain pen down with a heavy sigh and leaned back to his chair.

"What's wrong? This is not like you."

"...I haven't seen Risa since her birthday."

A moment of silence passed before a heavy sigh resounded, this time from Lucas.

"It's only been a few days..."

"I am aware of that. But a day without her feels like years to me. I finished all my work yesterday thinking I could visit the Lorya estate and surprise her. But now... all these paperworks came all of a sudden at once as if trying to stop me from meeting my dear."

"She's a busy girl. She might not even be at home. For all we know, she's hopping back and forth between her shop and the production site."

"I plan on going to those places in case I can't find her at her home."

"You plan on searching all her shops one by one? Why don't you just ask Kiara?"

"...Do you think she'll tell me?"

"Oh... That's right. Ahahaha!"

Alexus massaged the bridge of his nose and sighed deeply as Lucas giggled.

"That girl... She's a seriously cunning one, just like you. She's on par with even Evelyn."

"Well, I, for one, am glad that she's cunning enough to protect my sister. After all, she needs someone to protect her from wolves."