Chapter 31 - Now You See Me, Now You Don't

Yo, this is crap, I was tired when I wrote this <3

_____

The uneven support of the wet sand sunk as your dragged yourself out of the ocean. Lungs weak, heart pumping, and more ready than anything. Tail dragging in the water behind you, you found yourself on dry sand. Leaning your hands on your knees, you bent over to take a breather.

Air had never tasted sweeter.

Pulling yourself back, you hands pressed against your lower back as you cracked your stiff spine. As you tilted your head to the side, your hand hit against your ears, unclogging your ears of sea water. After this little adventure, you were more than happy to never set foot on a beach for a good two years. Yanking your shoes off your feet, you watched as wet sand slid out from inside.

Crack.

Head snapping up at the sound, you glared into the forest that sat beside the beach. Your ears darted from left to right trying to pick up on more sound. Your eyes wandered through the dense leaves, freezing as they caught sight of two beady red eyes. Your returned breath hitched as you stood still. You knew exactly who those eyes belonged to.

Metal.

As if he heard your thoughts, he rushed towards you with extended claws. Pushing off the sand, briefly loosing your footing, you narrowly missed his strike. His metal feet skidded against the sand, sending flying grains into the shallows. Engines flaring, he darted back at you. Ears twisting back, you hissed at the robot. Swiftly, you lowered your body to the ground, allowing more power to be transferred into your jump. As you feet left the sand, you leapt over the charging hedgehog, you weight coming down and pressing against his head and forcing his face into the sand below him. Using his head as a step, you landed behind him, you heels getting covered with water.

Metal howled at you angrily. His feet planted themselves into the lose sand, engine roaring. Unable to process his movement, he flashed from side to side, almost disappearing from sight. Before you could register his position, his claws wrapped around your neck. Holding you above him, he whirred at you mockingly, before slamming you down into the shallow waters. The force of his slam forced air from your lungs, ensuing you to struggle against his grip sooner.

Clawing and scratching as his metal arm, you attempted to kick him from atop of you. But your couldn't. His grip tightened, your mouth letting out more air at the pain. Nails digging under your skin, blood began to spin around you in the water. Neck singeing, you mentally hissed in pain, not wanting to lose more air.

Black spotted your vision, the water taking you in as its prisoner once again. But you shook you head. You weren't falling for the oceans song again. Wrapping your hands around the hedgehogs wrist, you curled your knees up so that your feet were against the wet sand. Freely using your last bubbles of air for a growl, you let your tail wing into action. It snaked itself around Metals legs and pulled his leg from under him, catching him off guard. As he fell to the ground beside you, you sat yourself up, taking in gasps of air.

Jumping to your feet, Metal mirroring your actions, you both glared at each other.

No one dared to move.

You didn't dare breathe.

It was all quite on the battlefield.

All it took was for you to reengage the fight was to make on single movement.

One simple flick of your tail.

Metal pounced towards you, screeching. Eyes sharpening, you smirked as a plan sat comfortably in you head. And for your plan to fall into place, all you had to do was flick your tail. Ducking down, your gloved hand took a sloppy scoop of the soaked sand. Dragging your arms out of the water, you threw the wet sand into the lensed eyes of Metal, the wet sand sticking to his vision sensor.

Taking your chance, you hid in the shadows.

Swiping his face clean, Metal grumbled when you weren't in his sights. He spun around in circles, his eyes scanning for any movement. Any clue of where you could be. But you were the Ghost, he wouldn't see a thing coming his way.

The moment he took two, uncomfortable, steps back, you went in for the strike. From the shadows, you appeared behind the robot. Pouncing, you kicked Metal in the back, shoving him into the shallows. Struggling onto his hands, you didn't give Metal the chance to recover. Placing your foot on the back of your head, you smashed it back into the sand.

Your hope was that the force of your foot forcing his head back into the water would crack the glass of his eyes and then the water would short circuit his system by entering through the crack. But your four wasn't enough.

Metal snatched your leg above your ankle. Eyes widened, you were tossed from Metal as he threw you to the side. Landing on your back, the dry sand from the beach stuck to your body, sinking its way to your skin through your fur.

Getting on his feet, Metal hissed at you with extended claws. Attacking from above, you lifted your arms up as metal slashed his claws at your face. Your foot pressed against his chest, your hands holding the hedgehog's wrists, claws inches from your face. His eyes were sharp, already imagining his nails cracking your skull. Gritting your teeth, you managed to hold him back with your wavering arms.

"You have come close to killing me on multiple occasions," you huffed, his claws moving closer to your face, "But you forget. I'm the Ghost, and you cant kill a ghost." His nails drew closer. Hissing, you glared up at the hedgehog, "And do you wanna know another thing about ghosts?" Pressing your ears against your head, you forced his claws away from your face, allowing you to clearly display your victorious smirk.

"Now you see me..."

Loosening your grip around his wrists, you shoved his body off you with a kick from your foot. Before he was able to touch the sand, your jumped to your feet. As he landed, he sat up, leaving himself in the most venerable position. With a swift run up, you collided your boot into his face, cracking the screen and sending him face first into the salty water. His body jostled and shook, blue electricity flowing around him as the water shocked his systems.

"... Now you don't."

As his body grew still, water lapping at his blue metal surface, you stood tall as you glared down at the belittling robot.

"Now stay dead," you hissed at Metal's limp body, "I've got a boyfriend to save."