Chapter 8 - So Cruel

Sorry if its somewhat bad, I'm trying to remember my original story and write after months of not writing.

------

You sat in a wooden chair, steaming hot food in front of you in a white plate. Your appetite gone as you blankly stared. Tails's ears fell.

"If you don't like the food I can get you something else," he kindly offered. You shook your head slowly, your heart feeling heavier. He begins to slowly eat again, his eyes starring down. Sad. Slightly looking up, you stare at the forest that expanded behind the fox.

Your escape.

Returning your gaze back to the yellow fox, you began to ponder you possible chances to escape. But the heavy feeling in your heart was making you second guess you plan of running away. Losing focus of your surroundings, you found yourself in such a deep, mind tumbling thought that you missed the fox speaking. As Tails cleared his throat loudly, you found your ears twitching at the sound and re-immersing your mind with your body. You felt your face and tip of your ears flush red with embarrassment.

He just saw your weakness.

Your fault.

Tails, your enemy, had just witnessed your most exploitable trait.

Overthinking.

His sky blue eyes dug into your (E/C) eyes, knowingly. Tails may be a naïve fox, but he was not stupid. Far from it. And he was more than smart enough to realize when he caught someone accidently sharing an embarrassing secret trait... weakness.

"Thinking about something are we?" he snickered, flashing a cocky smirk. Your humiliated blush deepened, drowning your face in bright red. Your pierced ears slightly flattened, in an attempt to block out his condescending chuckles. Pulling your hood over your head, you yanked at the tip of the hood in order to cover your eyes. You felt a wave of different emotions hit you at once. Anger, sadness, embarrassment. It was the first time so many emotions hit you at once. You didn't know how to feel. It was strange. It was like being that little kid you once where. Everything new. Emotional.

Tails lowered his giggles, slowly coming to a stop, "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He spoke with genuine words. And you knew it just by the way the words rung in your ears, repeating with his voice.

Sorry?

He is sorry?

Pulling one side of the hoodie up, you gazed at him with one eye. His face was calm, a soft smile placed on his lips. His head tilted slightly to the side, attempting to see your face under the hoodie. When you pulled the hood back down he patiently sighed.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's normal to fall into your own thoughts," he quietly stated. You heard the chair slightly squeak at Tails, presumably, leaned back on that chair. The wind from his tails lightly swaying caused the fur on your tail to wave in beat with the breeze.

"It's a situation I find myself in all the time," He simply commented, unaffected by the confession. This caught your attention. Letting go of the tip of your hoodie, you sat up straight, slowing full vision of the fox as the fabric uncovered your eyes.

"I admit it is sometimes a problem. Like 90% of the time I cant decide weather I want toast or cereal. I even end up hogging the bathroom for a full hour unable to decide on what cologne I'm going to use. Like do I finish my old one, or try the new one. But then I have sentimental value over that damn old cologne but I don't want to open the new one till the beginning of the month and-" He stops rambling as he is met with the beautiful sound of your uncommon laughter. Your joyous giggles echo through the open spaced diner, bringing attention onto you. Your hood falls off your head, revealing tears brimming the edge of your eyes from laughter. From all the attention you found your face burn red again but you didn't mind.