Chapter 16 - Brothers in Arms

Thanks for 7k!!!! Love you guys <3

If you guys get embarrassed easily, you're in for a doozy.

-----

Both you and Tails glanced at each other awkwardly, before looking back at the confused hedgehog. Letting go of Tails, you scooched to the opposite side of the couch, Tails doing the same. Leaning on the sofa's armrest, you tried to be as small as possible, curling up in a tiny ball. Tails placed an arm on the back of the sofa, pointing a finger gun at Sonic with a wavering grin.

"Hey Sonic. How-How are ya," he stammered, eyes avoiding the hedgehog. Sonic stood in the open door way, letting in the crisp winter air. His arms were crossed as his foot rabidly tapped against the wooden floor. By how fast it was moving, you thought he was about to break the floor.

"Tails, who's that?" he motioned towards you, quills pricking up. Tails gazed at you, flicking his eyes towards the angry hedgehog, silently telling you to greet yourself. You scrunched your nose, before glancing at Sonic then him, questioning if he was going to kill you. Tails glanced to the side, thinking, before shrugging.

Unbelievable

"Uh, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," you cautiously answered, gazing at Sonic. He glared at you intensely, trying to pick out your faults and flaws. Nervously sweating, your ears flattened under the hedgehog's stare.

"Is she why your too busy to hang out, Tails? With your own brother? Wait," you and Tails jolted back as Sonic yelled, quills flaring, "Are you and her ya'know- cause your at that awkward stage at your life..." Sonic kept rambling but none of his words processed. Tilting your head to the side, you glanced to the side at Tails. His face was a flush red, covering it with his hands.

Leaning over you whispered, "Do you have any idea what he is talking about." Tails peeked through his fingers, your cluelessness evident in your face. His cheeks burned a bright red as he groaned, hiding his face further in his hands.

Odd.

Sonic was walking back and forth, his hands flying about as he rambled on and on.

"... Everything is new and your older and all that stuff but-"

"Sonic! Stop," Tails complained, embarrassed. Starring at him oddly, you were nothing but confused.

Why is he embarrassed?

Was is because of what Sonic was taking about?

So he does know.

"So it's true then?" Sonic accused, ears falling flat as he glared at you. You looked back and forth between him and Tails. He stared at you as if you stole something... well I mean you did, constantly. There was that time two months ago, and three months ago- Shaking your head, you had a mini stare down with Sonic. But you were in disguise, he couldn't know you were the Ghost.

Could he?

Fat chance.

"Sonic, nothing has happened. We were just hanging out," Tails reasoned, getting slightly agitated. His tails began hitting the sofa, annoyed.

"But we were suppose to hang out today," Sonic grumbled, his glare never wavering from you. You could feel the tension grow stronger than what it was before. Before it was able to be cut with a knife, now it was so thick not even a chainsaw could cut it.

"Should-Should I leave?" you asked, wanting to be free from this tension. It was like trying to breathe with a dozen bricks on your chest, and your chest was already broken.

"Yes-"

"No-"

Sonic and Tails stared angrily at each other. Tails ears fell, tails evidently thrashing about. Sonic's quills raised, ears flattening. Their anger made you feel uncomfortable and guilty.