Chapter 10 - Rotten Deal

Just for you who don't know. My nine x reader is up :)

Happy Valentine to those who had, have, and will

Warning: Blood, injury, depictions of anxiety

----------

"What... THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!" You spat, soaked fur on edge. Your eyes darted from left to right, ready for anything to happen. Scourge took a step forward. His eyes revealed his guilt, but his poster said otherwise. You took a step back. Ears flattening further.

"Listen (Y/N), its not what it looks like," he began, trying to explain himself. Your eyes sharpened.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN! That," you pointed at Eggman, "maniac nearly killed me!" You spat with rage. Your tail lashed and you growled.

"Oh, are we still hanging on that. That was almost two years ago girl," Eggman retorted, unfazed. Furious at his calm attitude, you glared at him. Taking threatening steps forward, you saw his demeanour falter.

"It was barely a year ago when you shot me and left me to bleed out. You held the smoking gun in your unforgiving grasp," you snapped, fur standing up making you look bigger. Scourge grabbed your arm, stopping you from murdering Eggman as Metal stood in front of his master. Pelling your arm from Scourges grasp you growled at him before turning around and storming away. Until Eggman spoke.

"That was your fault. You were trying to steal from me."

Your ears lifted up, hearing every word with clarity. Glaring at the fat man over your shoulder. You chuckled with a sinister smile.

"After you double crossed us! And if this was your plan all along to team up with us, why did your stupid hedgehog tried to kill me last week!" He shrugged. Metal's eyes boar into you like a knife, his intention still evident. He had a thirst to kill, and you knew from that look he anted to finish what he started.

"I wanted my plan to be inconspicuous. I mean, after last time I tried to kill you it wouldn't make sense to not attempt it again," he stated blandly, a smirk creeping on his lips as he watched anger boil in your blood. Your ear twitched in sync with your eye as you attempted to remain level headed. He was messing with you. Wanting to see a reaction. Painfully, you sighed out your frustration with closed eyes. Your tail flopped onto the floor as you relaxed your muscles. After mentally counting to ten, you open your eyes. Gazing at Scourge, you saw emotion conflict within him. You knew this wasn't his fault, he was your uncle, he had the best intentions when it came to you, and you knew that. But you couldn't help but feel a little sour.

"I hope you're aware you just made a rotten deal with a rotten egg." Calmly, you spun around and strided out of the room. While you appeared calm on the outside, internally you were freaking out. The uncommon feeling of fear dug into your heart, pushing it to its limit.

Once you were out of view of cameras and peoples eyes, your room hiding you away, you let tears fall. Gripping your shirt, you held your heart. Your lungs burned as you rapidly sucked in air. It felt like you couldn't breathe, just like when you were shot... and abandoned.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

You closed your eyes, trying to slow your racing heart.

But all you felt was...

blood rushing from your side. Your gloves covered in the red ink. You pressed you hands against the open wound, feeling the bullet press into your flesh. It burned feeling like it was torching your insides. Tears brimmed the edges of your eyes, begging to fall. But you refused to show weakness. Your gaze pierced daggers into Eggman as he stood there with a wide grin. Your knees buckled under painful weight, weak from blood loss. The smoke was still dancing from the barrel of the gun as it cooled down. Your mask hindered you breathing, making it feel like air wasn't reaching your suffocating lungs. Blood soaked into your suit. You hissed in pain as you tried to stop the bleeding. Your tail curled around your body as you tried to become as small as possible.

Metal walked up to your small body with an invisible grin. He lifted up his claws to end your miserable life, but Eggman stopped him, stating its better to 'let her suffer'. Lowering his claws, he whirred in annoyance but listened. Snatching the blueprints you stole from your utility belt, he left you without another noise alongside Eggman. You felt alone and cold. A feeling you never wanted to experience again. A feeling that led your delusional mind to remember your mother. Her warmth. Her smile. Her broken promise to come back to you. Your wept.

Dying.

Alone.

Snapping your eyes open at the sound of a knock from behind you. With teary eyes you face your door.

Another knock.

Wiping your tears away, you didn't answer and refused to open the door.

Another knock.

You remained Silent.

"(Y/N)? I'm sorry I didn't tell ya about this kid. It's just... Eggman offered something we both can't deny. Something that will keep us safe," you heard the sadness in his voice in the way it cracked and sounded sore, "Come on, won't ya open up."

You didn't want to talk, but you couldn't help to express how you felt.

"How could you trust him after what he did," you whispered.

No reply.

It was quite for a few minutes.

For a moment you thought he left, but he didn't. You could see his shadow under your door. So, you kept quite and waiting.

"You have a mission in the morning," he finally uttered. Then left. You couldn't explain the feelings you felt. You felt... cheated. He didn't even listen to your concerns. And he teamed up with Eggface after he tried to kill you. TWICE.

With the rage bubbling up inside you, you walked to the punching bag that sat in a corner of your room and hit it with your gloved fists. The bag swung far, the chain almost breaking. As the bag swung back you hit it again.

And again.

again.

again.

again.

Sweat beaded down your face as you hit the hell out of the bag, as if it personally attacked you. Which in that moment it felt it did.

Stupid bag

Hitting the bag one last time, you caught it as it swung back. You puffed out hot air, as sweat ran down your just dried out fur. Gripping on the felt of the bag, you growled. You didn't trust Eggman, no matter what he or Scourge says. You wanted to find out what he was up to, and what his true intentions were.

After tomorrows mission, your investigation begins.