Chapter 17 - Wake Up Call

(H/D) - Hot drink

------

Your body was tired from late night training, instantly falling onto your soft bed. You could feel your hot breath heat up your face as you squished your muzzle against your pillow. Everything was sore. By now, it was the middle of winter, snow forecasted to fall in the upcoming weeks. Your chest has mostly healed, along with the scratch, and what comes with that is intense training to 'get you back into shape.'

Flopping onto your back, your muscles screaming with every tiny movement. Glancing to your alarm clock, you painfully read the time of 2:12 AM. Tiredly groaning, you closed your eyes. You still needed to shower, the sweat from training making your fur look patchy and gross, but you just needed a breather.

Slowly, you began to slip off into dream land. You felt tranquil and calm, how nice it would be to just sleep. But someone had other plan.

Beep

Your ear flicked, at the sound. It was faint but noticeable.

Beep.

Especially if it went off multiple times.

Beep.

Your eyes snapped open. Rolling onto your side, you grumbled as you grabbed your phone off the bedside table. Clicking it on, you noticed three messages from Tails, or as you labelled him:

Fox Boi

Rolling your eyes, a small smile creeped on your muzzle. Unlocking your phone, you opened up his messages.

How do ye do? I was wondering if you're up?

(Y/N)? Ya up?

(Y/N)!!!!!!! WAKE UP!

Instantly you wrote back to him, tail wagging in excitement. It was strange being so excited to text him, you basically texted everyday since you gave him your number, but it always felt... exciting. You would smile, your heart would face, your tail would wag. It was a great feeling, being so energised by a few simple letters on a screen.

No, definitely not sleeping. I'm always up at 2AM IN THE MORNING

Often you were up this late but he didn't need to know your bad sleeping habits.

The other night we called till 3 ;)

Closing an eye shut, you chuckle. Of course he would remember.

XD Caught me there

After you sent your last text, you waited for his reply. When he didn't reply for a few minutes, you decided to go get ready for a shower. Forcing yourself to stand up, you chucked your phone on your bed. Quickly stretching your arms, you strolled to your bathroom. The tiles were cold on your feet, making you shiver. Turning the shower's water to the hottest possible setting, you watched the steam settle on your bathroom mirror as the heat warmed your freezing skin.

Your tail dripped with hot water that immediately became cold as you left the shower. Chucking on a comfy pair of sweatpants, and a short sleeve shirt, you shimmied yourself into Tails's jumper with a grin. Something about his jumper was just better than your own.

Returning to your room, you plopped onto your bed. As you landed, you expected to feel warm, but instead, you felt your phone attempt to copy a knife and stab your back. Swiftly sitting up, you rubbed where your phone dug into your back. Grabbing your phone, you were about to place it on your bedside table but when you saw unread messages from Tails, you forgot about that plan. Crossing your legs over, you opened you phone to see his messages.