Chapter 1 - Ghost

You character's fighting skills is slightly inspired by Diane Fox... Don't judge me

Warning: Minor mention of blood

_____

As morning arose, the sun and its warm rays began to kiss the earth. The moon and stars dimmed, letting the giant star shine brighter. In a small town, a brawl broke out in the plaza. A brawl that was fought between Scourge's gang members and Sonic with his team. Atop a tall building, you lazily kneeled. You watched as the famous blue blur fought of dozens of gangsters. Beside him fought Amy, a female pink hedgehog with mad hammer skills, and knuckles, a red echidna that was overly strong. if you were being honest, the three hadn't changed much over the years you had fought them, but their fourth team member, Tails, definitely had.

From when you first met him he was much of a coward, generally hiding and waiting for sonic, but over the past few years he had grown up a lot. Both physically and mentally. He was taller, quicker and stronger. He had posed a real challenge for you for the past few missions, often gaining the upper hand by using his trinkets. He was getting more annoying than the blue hero himself.

Rolling your eyes at the idiots bellow, you placed your head in your hand as you analysed each of the enemies moves. You had been sent with a team to steal an ancient relic from a nearby museum, apparently worth thousands, but the team you were given were inexperienced and reckless. They had managed to trip the alarm in a few minutes. An all time record for these fools.

"(Y/N)," you heard Scourge's voice crackle on the intercom in your ear. You pressed on the intercom with your black gloved hands.

"Yes, sir?" You could hear him sigh in annoyance. You silently chuckled, knowing why he was frustrated.

"Please intervene and save those baboons from getting captured and put in jail... again."

"No problem," you nodded, even though he couldn't see it. Taking your fingers away from your ear, you stood up and stretched. Pulling your black hood over your heard and lifting up a black mask to cover your face, you walked to the edge of the building and looked down at the rumble.

"Time to dance boys... and girl," you giggled. With one strong push from your legs, you jumped off the building. Doing a flip or two, you landed behind Amy silently, with one leg bent and the other outstretched. Placing your hands on the floor, you swung your outstretched leg round, knocking the pink hedgehog off her feet. She gave a cry as she suddenly fell on her back, winding her. Quickly, you stood on her chest with your boot, the other pinning down her arm that held her hammer. Tearing the weapon from her grip, you quickly tossed it towards the echidna, knocking him off from hitting one of your team members. He grumbled in annoyance and glared at you with rage. He came sprinting at you, fists up and ready.

Smirking, you leaped over him as he swung at you. He spun around to face you as you landed, throwing punch after punch. You dodged each swing with ease. As he took another big swing, you ducked under and waited until the momentum of the swing slowed. Once it did, you made your move. Grabbing onto his arm, you twisted it around, forcing the echidna to turn around as you twisted his arm. He gave a yelp as it popped. Lifting up your leg, you kicked Knuckles down into Amy, who was just getting back to her feet.

With both targets down, you only had two to go. And one was running right at you with his blue streak following close behind. Jumping to the side, you dodged his spin dash, but not without one of his quills scratching your black and (C/C) suit. A small amount of blood trickled down your arm. You grumbled, your eyes sharpening as you watched the blue hedgehog rush at you again. Securing your feet to the ground, you lifted your arms up, both outstretched in front of yourself. As the hedgehog crashed into you, your right hand gripped his neck, the other putting pressure on his stomach. Using his momentum against him, you flipped him over, tossing him to the ground. Just as you had expected he was up in a second. Launching yourself forward, you kicked him in the stomach before wrapping your legs around his neck and flipping him over, slamming his head into the now dented dirt.

You stood up, brushing your suit as you watched the hedgehog struggle to stand. A small trickle of blood dripped from a wound on his head. Pushing your boot against his head, he fell down. You lightly chuckled. You were proud of yourself. He used to be such a pain, often beating you. But his moves became predictable and easy to counter. That's when you noticed, with Sonic, Amy and Knuckles down, that left one. Tails.

Lifting your head and looking around you couldn't see him. Your entire rookie team had left when you arrived, so he couldn't throw a sneak attack. Or so you thought. You looked around everywhere, your pierced ears flicking in every direction. But you didn't think to look up.

You felt feet collide with your back, shoving you forward. Surprised with the sudden attack, you barely had enough time to catch yourself before face planting. You growled and looked behind you, your tail lashing like a cat. Tails stood there, glaring at you as he assisted Sonic to his feet. Once the hedgehog was able to just stand on his own, the fox walked forward towards you.

"Ghost, I'm giving you a chance to leave before this gets ugly," Tails barked, fists at the ready.

"Please fox, I could kick your butt any day," you huffed back. A slight wind blew, making Tails's pilot jacket dance in rhythm with the gust. As everything grew silent, you quickly moved in for the attack, Tail's doing the same his gloves sparking to life with electricity. His swings were quick and precise, nearly hitting you each time your dodged. Tails spun around, trying to knock you off your feet with his tails. As you jumped over them, just barely, you realized he had made a fatal mistake turning his back to you. Instantly, when you landed, you grabbed the bottom of his jacket, lifted it up and covered his head. Moving under his arm as he tried to pry his head free, you grabbed more of his jacket and tossed him forward.

Even if they couldn't see it, you smirked victoriously at them. Closing your eyes, you turned around brushing your suit clean from dust. You took a single step forward when you heard an angered scream. Turning around, you gasped. Tails, with his electrical gloved hand, punched you in the chest, knocking you back and down. You panted, hissing in pain as you felt the jolt rush through your body. You kneeled on the floor, holding a hand to your chest.

"(Y/N) get back to HQ. now," Scourge spoke through your intercom. You heaved air in your lungs, pain filling your body. Two feet stood in front of you making you look up, your eyes meeting Tail's blue gaze. He had his arms crossed and tails flicking as he glared at you in anger.

"You're going to be in prison for a long time," he spoke roughly. Your head fell in pain, your gaze falling back on the ground with your hands in front of you. Gripping the soil with your hands you chuckled before looking back up at the two tailed fox.

"Am I?" you smugly replied before quickly tossing dust into his face. Tails stepped back, rubbing his eyes and coughing. You made your move. As your enemy was blinded, you found the power to quickly sweep his feet and jump to your feet rushing towards the nearest building. Pushing off the ground, you jumped from windowsill to windowsill, making your way to the roof. Looking back down at Tails you met his raging blue eyes. Taking a quick bow, you disappeared.