Chapter 39: The dark truth part 2

Aamom looked at me, "oh my boss would like to see you." I gulped as he unchained me then grabbed me and pushed me into this room where a throne was.

"My lord your child is here," Aamom said. I looked up to see the high god beside the throne and the person sitting on the throne was no other person than my best friend.

My heart sank as I saw my best friend sitting on the throne. I couldn't believe it. How could she be involved in this?

"Grace, I'm sorry," she said, looking down at her feet.

"What's going on, Ophelia? Why did you do this?" I asked, my voice trembling with anger and confusion.

"I needed that book, Grace. It's the key to unlocking a powerful magic that could change everything," she explained.

"You stole my book and had me kidnapped for some magic spell?" I exclaimed, stunned.

"I had to, Grace. It's for the greater good," Ophelia said, her voice pleading.

I shook my head, "No, Ophelia. This is not okay. You can't just kidnap me and steal my property for some magic spell. What you're doing is wrong, and you know it."

Ophelia looked down again, unable to meet my gaze. I could tell she was struggling with what she had done, but I couldn't forgive her so easily.

"How could you!?" I said at her with tears going down my face. I knew I had to find a way out of this situation and get help. But for now, I had to confront Ophelia and make her see the consequences of her actions.