Chapter 38: The dark truth part 1

As I said that out loud everything went black. As I began to regain consciousness, I felt a throbbing pain in my head. I tried to reach up and touch it, but my arms wouldn't move. Panic set in as I realized I was restrained.

My eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness, and I could make out the shape of a small room. The air was damp and musty, and the only sound was the faint drip of water somewhere nearby.

As my vision cleared, I saw that my ankle was chained to the wall by a heavy metal shackle. I tugged at it, but it wouldn't budge. I was trapped.

I tried to remember what had happened before I woke up in this room. The last thing I could recall was that dangerous god leaving and I was talking to myself about getting the team, but after that, everything was a blank.

Fear began to consume me as I realized I had no idea where I was or who had brought me here. Was it a kidnapping? A powerful enemy who wants revenge? I had no way of knowing.

I sat there in the darkness, my mind racing with questions and possibilities. How long had I been here? Would anyone come looking for me? And most importantly, how would I get out of this situation?

But despite the fear and uncertainty, I knew I had to stay calm and think yet I was scared. I tried to say something but I tasted fabric and my words came out as mumbles. "Ah looks like Grace has finally woken up," the voice was recognizable then I realized it was the guy from earlier who pretend to be the high god.

I squirmed a little bit trying to break free. That's when he bent down in front of me his hand under my chin forcing me to look at him.

I glared at Aamon giving him a death glare Aamon took the cloth out of my mouth. Aamon chuckled at my reaction. "Don't worry, Grace. I'm not going to hurt you. I just needed to make sure you couldn't escape," he said.

I scoffed, "And what do you need me for? Why did you bring me here?"

"You possess something that I need," he replied, his tone serious.

"What could I possibly have that you need?" I asked, confused.

"A book. It's a very important book, and I believe you have it in your possession," he explained.

I thought back to the book I had borrowed from the library a few days ago. It was an old, leather-bound tome filled with strange symbols and diagrams. I had been studying it for my thesis on ancient religions.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied, hoping to throw him off track.

"Don't lie to me, Grace. I know you have the book. And I need it," Aamon said, his voice growing harsher.

I knew I was in trouble. If Aamon was willing to kidnap me over a book, he was obviously desperate. But I wasn't about to give up the book without a fight. I had to find a way out of this room and get help.