IRL • part 512

The limo arrives back to my hotel. Me, Nina, Jen, and Casey all got rooms in the same hotel. It's a very gorgeous one, big, and quite a bit on the expensive side but I thought why the hell not. It's my first movie premiere, might as well treat myself.

The driver gets out of the front seat and comes to the other side of the car, opening the big black door for us.

"Thank you so much," Jennifer smiles up at him as she's the first to get out.

"No problem, ma'am." He grins.

Jen turns around and motions with her hands for me to start moving out. "Ready, Tess?"

"Yeah," I grunt as I slowly slide myself across the seat. "I'm coming."

"I got you," Casey says as he cautiously follows behind me, watching my every move in case if something happens.

"Take it slow Tess," Nina adds behind him.

I let out heavy breaths as I inch towards the door. I grab one of Jen's hands and the driver takes my other one, both of them working together to slowly help me up.

"Fuck," I huff once I'm up. "Being pregnant is such a pain in the ass."

"You did it, babe." Nina smiles up at me as she slides out of the car.

"Are you alright, Ms. Rose?" The driver asks, looking at me cautiously as I still held onto his hand.

"Yes," I sigh letting go of his hand. I give him a short smile. "Thank you for your help."

"Anytime," He smiles tipping his head. "You fellas have a good night."

"Thank you."

"Thank you."

"You too."

"Same to you."

Just as he's about to turn back around, I gasp. "Oh! Wait!" I motion for Nina to hand me my clutch. "Pass me my purse." She does so, and I pull out a 50 dollar american-bill. "Take this tip, please."

The driver shakes his head laughing. "But ma'am you already payed me my tip when you ordered the limo."

"No, no, please." I shake my hand in front of me trying to get him to take it. "You were a great help. It's only fair."

"Are you sure, Ms. Rose?" He asks up at me hesitantly.

"She's Canadian," Jen laughs. "She won't let you go until you take it."

"It's true," I shrug, nodding.

The driver shakes his head again, chuckling. "You are too kind, ma'am."

"Please, it's the least I can do." I smile.

He looks down at the $50 bill in my hand, blinks twice, and finally takes it. "Thank you, Ms. Rose. You just made my day."

"It's Tessa," I correct him gently. "Thank you for your services. Have a great night."

"You have an even better one," He adds with a grateful grin.