Chapter 51: Third Trimester

Fatima and Zac are at the doctor's office checking the baby's growth.

"So, Fatima you are right at 7 months. Now you will feel the baby move more, that's just her changing positions. She will be sitting on your bladder which will cause you to go to the restroom more frequently. You will also experience cramping, which is normal. Besides that, everything looks fine," says Dr. K.

"Thank you, Dr. K," says Fatima.

"Thank you, Doc," says Zac.

The two leave the doctor's office.

"Fatima, are you up to looking at some houses?" Asks Zac.

"Umm, yeah. Where are you trying to look at because the last one was in Carrollton and I said I didn't want to live that far," says Fatima.

Zac and Fatima have been doing great. Besides Fatima's occasional mood swings, and their petty disagreements about where to live. Fatima wants to live closer to her friends, family, and the law firm. Zac wants to move across town. Only because he wants to have land. So, they are trying to compromise.

"No, it's one of the ones we looked at online, we both liked it. It's about 15 minutes from here, "says Zac.

"Ok, that's fine."

They get in the car and drive home. It was beautiful. They take a look inside.

"It's beautiful, babe, but I don't want to look at more. I haven't fallen in love with any of them yet," says Fatima.

"I know. When we get to the house we can look online at some more homes, then I can schedule us some more showings," says Zac.

They get back in the car to head to Zac's house. Since they have decided to buy a home, Fatima has not officially moved in with Zac. It's Friday so she decided to stay the weekend.

Andi and Lori were in charge of Fatima's baby shower, so they were in the beginning stages of planning. They had been texting Fatima all day asking her did she like this or that.

"They are getting on my nerves about this baby shower, I told them I didn't want anything too big," says Fatima.

"Have ya'll set a date yet? My mom and sister are asking, they would like to come," Zac asks.

"Not yet, but one day next month I'm sure," Fatima responds.

"Ok, just let me know when you get an actual date."

"It's just so much. Between all these appointments, finding a house, a baby shower, this baby making me have to pee," Fatima gets up from the couch to go to the bathroom. At this point, she is just irritated.

After 15 minutes, Zac is waiting for her to return from the restroom, but she doesn't. He calls for her, no answer, so he goes looking for her. He walks around the corner to the bathroom and then to the bedroom. Fatima is laying across the bed sleeping. He puts a blanket over her and then goes back to the living room.

...

Fatima and Zac found about 5-6 homes online that they liked. Over the past couple of weeks, they saw them in person and narrowed it down to two that they like. One of them is more Zac's style and the other is more Fatima's.

"Babe, this one is it. The other house is nice, but this one has everything we want and more. You just want that one because it has a man cave. I told you the 3rd car garage can be turned into the man cave," says Fatima.

"Ok, look I'll think about it,"

"Well, you don't have that much time to think. We said we wanted to be in a new place before the baby gets here."

"I just need a day or two,"

"Yeah, yeah yeah. Can we go look for some baby stuff?"

"For real Fatima? Are you sure you can hang? A few minutes ago, you were breathing hard like you were tired,"

"I'm good."

Zac drives to the mall. Once they get there and get out of the car Fatima said she had to go to the restroom. Then they go into The Children's Place. They look around a bit at some baby clothes, and then checkout. As soon as they walk out there is Karen.

"Oh, so y'all bitches pregnant?" Asks Karen.

"You do remember we have a restraining order against you. So, can you please go on your merry way?" says Fatima.

"Who the fuck are you talking to? Pregnant or not I will beat a bitch ass," says Karen.

"Oh, see this here is what we not gone do," Zac takes out his phone and dials 911.

"I guess you gone call the cops on me?"

Zac comments, "Karen you threaten to beat my pregnant girlfriend. I'm trying to spare your life."

"Shoot she ain't gone touch me."

"But I will. The minute you lay your hands on my girl."

"So, it's like that? You will put your hands on me? You hit women now Zac?"

"I got this Zac," Fatima says as she hands Zac her purse. She walks up to Karen and whispers to her. "The last person that put their hands on me is not alive to talk about it. Is that what you want? If so, go ahead and try me. Please don't let this pregnant bitch fool you. I will beat you to the ground, beat the mess out of you, and no one and I mean no one will be able to get me off you. You have been warned. Now stay the fuck away from me and Zac. If I see you or even smell you, your ass is mine. Capeesh? Now get."

Karen stares them down as she walks away. "Fuck both of ya'll."

The cops finally show up.

"Is everything okay?" Asks the officer.

"We're good. She left," says Zac.

"You sure she won't return?" The officer asks.

"Not today, at least," Zac responds.

The officer leaves.

"What did you say to her, Fatima?" asks Zac.

"Nothing."

"That was nothing. She left out of here too easily."

"I just gave her a warning."

"You probably threatened to send Madam on her."

"Let's go, Zac. I'm ready to get to the house so you can rub these feet," says Fatima.

"Oh, so that's it? We're not going to talk about it."

"Nope, so let's go."

They leave the mall and head home.