Chapter 27: Friends to the Rescue

Fatima receives Zac's message.

She calls her girls up.

"Hey, Andi. Are you busy? Can you come over tonight?"

"T. You, okay?"

"Yes, No, I don't know. I need my girls."

"Ok, you want me to call Lori?" asks Andi.

"Please."

"Okay, hold on," Andi calls Lori on 3-way.

"Hello, Lori."

"What's up?"

"Look I got Tima on the other line. She needs some girl time, can you come over?"

"Sure, babe. Do you'll want me to bring anything like food, ice cream, an overnight bag, gun?"

"All of it," says Fatima.

"Okay girl, I'm on my way," says Lori.

"Come pick me up Lor," says Andi.

"Okay, we're on our way. See ya in a few."

Fatima hangs up and starts crying. 

Lori picks Andi up. 

"Thanks for picking me up," says Andi.

"No problem. What do you want to pick up?" asks Lori.

"Wings. Wings always make a person feel better. And some ice cream."

"Did you pack a bag?"

"Girl, you know I always leave a few things at Tima's house.

"Right. What do you think is wrong with her?"

"I know she was trying to get in contact with Zac earlier, but he wasn't answering. I hope nothing bad happened."

"Right, me either."

30 minutes later the girls pull up to Fatima's house. They ring the doorbell, and she opens it.

"About time you got here." says Fatima.

"Geesh girl it's only 7:00," says Lori.

"Sorry. I just feel like crap," says Fatima.

"Well, we brought your favorite wings and your favorite ice cream," says Andi.

"Thank you, girls. I love y'all."

"We love you too. Let us change into some pjs and get comfortable then we can eat," says Lori.

"Fatima. Do you know where my overnight bag is? I forgot you still have everything in boxes from the move." asks Andi.

"I think it's in the guest room in a box labeled Andi."

They go upstairs to change. Fatima even goes upstairs, showers, and gets out of her work clothes.

A few moments later they all make it back downstairs. They grab some wings, fries, and some wine. Then they go and sit in the living room.

"Thanks for coming," says Fatima.

"What's going on Fatima?" asked Lori.

"It's Zac. So, he's been ghosting me all day yesterday. He left my house and went to work. I called him several times, no answer. I texted him, no response. I could have sworn he started sending me to voicemail. I finally here from him later today and this is the message he sent me." She shows the girls her text. "Am I tripping? I mean all this right after telling me you love me."

And says, "No Fatima. It is kind of strange, but maybe he has a legitimate reason."

"Like what Andi. He could at least talk to my girl," says Lori.

"Well, I know Jake said he hadn't heard from him either when I asked him yesterday. Fatima said he loves you in the text. So just give the man the space he needs."

"Yeah, I know. But a nigga always gets me to let my guard down and then they start tripping. He better has a really good excuse."

"Have you heard from Ian anymore?"

"Nope, and I better not, or his ass will disappear."

Lori laughs.

"Where is the ice cream? That's what I want and to watch a movie," says Fatima.

"What do you want to watch?" asked Andi.

"Let's watch Waiting to Excel. Just in case I need some ideas if Zac doesn't act right."

"I know right," says Lori.

The girls turn on the movie and eat ice cream.