Chapter 44: The Ex That Was

It has been 2 weeks since Ian's suicide. The detectives were still investigating his case. They had been looking for Fatima to talk to her about the stuff they found. Fatima got a knock on the door early in the morning.

Zac had stayed the night. 

"Zac could you go answer the door please?" asks Fatima.

 He goes to answer the door and notices it is two detectives.

"Hi, I am looking for Fatima Wilson, I am Detective Smith, and this is Detective Marco?" asks one of the detectives.

"Can you give me one moment?" He shuts the door and runs upstairs to get Fatima.

Fatima is getting ready for work. Zac comes upstairs and tells her that some detectives were at the door asking for her. 

"Fatima, you sure they aren't able to link anything to you?" asks a worried Zac.

"No, Zac. Go let them in and I'm on my way." She says as she does her last morning routine. 

Zac goes to let them in as Fatima heads down the stairs to the living room.

"Good morning, I am Fatima Wilson. What can I do for you all today?"

"Good morning, Fatima. I am Detective Smith, and this is Detective Marco. I'm sorry to come here so early, but we have some information about Ian Walts."

"Please, have a seat." Fatima insisted.

"Thank you, what relationship did you have with Ian?" asks Detective Smith.

"He was my ex-boyfriend," answers Fatima.

"We found a note on the coffee table saying he always loved you. We also found camera footage of your house." The detective shows Fatima some of the footage.

The footage had her coming and going home, Zac coming over, Andi a few times, as well as Madam. 

"So, he has been following me and hid cameras at my front door?" Fatima asked.

"Yep." says the detective.

"I was wondering how he knew I was pregnant." She said looking at a video of Zac leaving her house and touching her belly like someone would only to a pregnant woman. "He must have put two and two together." She makes sure she doesn't give them information that they didn't already have.

"We also found something else very disturbing," the other detective showed Fatima a picture. It was a room with pictures of Fatima and Ian all over it. On the wall, it had "How to get my Fatty back" written on it. That was a nickname Ian had for Fatima.

Fatima started to feel very uneasy. "Excuse me." She goes to the bathroom.

Zac gives her a few minutes and then goes to check on her. "You, okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." They go back into the living room and talk to the detective. 

"So, I heard this was a suicide. Are you saying he killed himself over me?" asked Fatima.

"That's what it looks like. After searching through his home, there is no reason for us to continue this case. I just thought you should know about the things we found that pertain to you. I would say get you some heavy security, folks are crazy these days and make sure there are no more cameras anywhere else around your home."

"Thanks, Detective," Fatima says as she walks them to the door.

"Are you sure you are okay, Fatima?" asks Zac.

"Yeah. He was a psycho. Like the ones you see only on Lifetime movies." Says Fatima.

"Aren't you glad you left him?" asks Zac. "Was he like that when ya'll be together?"

Fatima sits quietly in her thoughts.

"Fatima! Fatima!"

"What Zac?"

"You know what, you're not going to work today."

"No. I'm good. I was just replaying a lot of events that happened in the last few months."

Zac just looks at her.

"I'm surprised I haven't heard from his mom yet," Fatima says. "Let me go to work. I have to talk to Andi. I will talk to you later."

"Well can I at least get my stuff?' asks Zac.

"Hurry up."

"Alright now Fatty," Zac says jokingly to Fatima.

Fatima gives him this stern look.

"Too soon?" asks Zac as he grabs his belongings.

"Don't call me that, I hated when Ian did it." 

Fatima and Zac both leave the house. Fatima first makes a call to her security guy and then she calls Andi and Lori. 

"What do ya'll have planned today? I could use some girl time and some laughter with ya'll crazy selves," says Fatima.

"Where do you want to go?" asks Andi.

"Let's get some wings and ice cream and go to your house." Says Fatima.

"Why my house, but okay?"

"Alright, I see ya'll later." Fatima gets ready to hang up.

"Wait you not coming to work?" asks Andi.

"Yeah, so I will see you in a bit."

Fatima gets to the office and meets with her clients and before you know it it's 5:00 pm. Zac has been checking on her all day. She leaves work and heads to Andi's house. Andi left work after she left court. Then Lori was on her way.

At Andi's house. 

Andi picked up the wings and ice cream on her way home. 

"Hey ladies," says Lori.

"Lori, I feel like I haven't seen you in a hundred years," says Fatima.

"That's because I've been away, living my best life," says Lori.

Lori just got back from a two-week vacation with her sugar daddy.

"How was it?" asks Andi.

"It was nice, but I wish you guys came. The next one I'm inviting you two."

"I'm holding you to that," says Fatima. I could use a vacation.

"So, what's been going on with you two? What have I missed?" asked Lori.

"Well, you know everything pretty much besides what happened this morning."

"This morning? What happened?" Says both Lori and Andi.

"Two detectives that were handling Ian's case came by. They showed me some camera footage and pictures. Ian had cameras outside my house, I guess trying to see who was coming over. He also had pics and stuff of me in his back room. Something you only see in a movie, Scary shit." Says Fatima.

"Dang, dude was crazy. Good thing he got gone when he did," says Lori.

"Fatima, that's scary," says Andi.

"Yeah, it is. I did not know he was like that."

"You got that good, good. Can't keep the guys away." Lori says while everyone starts laughing. "Got them stalking you and shit."

Fatima laughs.

They continue to chat, eat the wings, and ice cream, and then go home.