Chapter 29: Lawyer Up

Fatima is at work finishing up a client when Zac shows up.

"Zac, what are you doing here?" Asks Fatima.

"This is a family law firm, right?"

"Yes, and are you drunk?"

"Just a little tipsy," says Zac.

Fatima goes to shut her door. "Zac this is my place of business. You need to get it together. Better yet, let's go. Now!"

Andi comes to Fatima's office to chat.

"What's going on?" Asks Andi.

"Andi, I have to go handle something, I'll be back. Can we talk later?"

"Sure, Fatima."

Fatima and Zac leave the office. They get in Fatima's car, and she drives him home.

Zac asked. "Fatima, where are we going?"

Fatima doesn't say anything. She is furious.

No, Zac was not that drunk, but just the fact that he even came into her place of business with an ounce of alcohol made her mad. There are two things Fatima doesn't play about and that's her career because she worked too hard for it and her family.

She gets to Zac's house and tells him to get out of her car.

"What? Fatima, babe, you just going throw me out. So, we not gone talk? I came to your office to ask you to be my lawyer."

Again, Fatima doesn't say anything.

"What about my car?"

"Zac, you show up to my office drunk."

"I'm not drunk I just had one drink." Says Zac.

"It doesn't matter just get out of my car, please."

Zac gets out as he's told. Fatima drives off and goes back to work.

When she arrives back to work. She sees a lady coming out of Andi's office. The lady looks Fatima up and down.

Andi stops Fatima.

"Hey, Fatima. Come here, girl." Says Andi. "What was that?"

"I don't know her." Says Fatima annoyed.

"Not that, with Zac?"

"Oh, his ex-girlfriend just told him he has a child. He is taking it pretty hard. But for him to come in here drunk. That's the last straw, I'm done with him."

"Dang Fatima, was he drunk?"

"If he got pulled over, he would have gotten a DUI, so. I don't know what's going on with him, but this is not the guy I've been falling for these past few months."

"Girl this is too much."

"Exactly. You know yesterday he wasn't willing to take a paternity test, but then he comes in here for a lawyer. I wonder what's that about?"

Zac's POV

How stupid can I be? He thought.

He called Fatima.

"I'm sorry Fatima for the stupid things I've done lately. My emotions are all over the place, which is no excuse for my actions."

"Zac, we need a break. Jake and Andi will bring you your truck." Fatima hangs up.

After a few hours, the two pull up to Zac's driveway to bring his truck. They go knock on the door. Zac opens and lets them in.

Jake asks Zac, "Man what is your problem? Do you need to go get some help?"

"No, I just need all this to be over with." Says Zac.

"Do you want this to be you baby?" Asks Andi.

"I don't know. Part of me does and part of me doesn't. I can't believe Karen is doing this to me."

"Karen?" Andi asks a little confused.

"Do you know her babe?" Asks Jake.

"No, but a lady named Karen came to my office today. She said she needed a child custody lawyer."

"What did she look like?" Asks Zac.

"Umm about 5'5, medium complexion, very slim, and she has a weird southern accent. Her last name was Karen Mott."

"That's her," Zac says.

"I will be right back." Karen gets up to call Fatima. She tells her everything that transpired.

"That's why that bitch was staring me up and down when she came out of your office." She tells Andi.

"So, what did you tell her?"

"That I will point her to one of our attorneys in the office. She got mad, said never mind, and walked away."

"She's up to something and I'm going to find out what it is. I'm about to head home. I'll call you back."

Fatima heads home, she hasn't been feeling well all day. She just wants to take a shower and put her feet up. She decides to call Zac.

"Look I still stand by what I said about us, but your girl is up to something. So, I'm willing to be your attorney."

"Thank you, Fatima, I love you." Says Zac.

She hangs up and gets in the shower.