Chapter 7: We Outside Girls!

One Month Later

The firm is doing good. They finally hired a front desk clerk and are trying to adjust. The girls haven't had much of a social life since the Orlando trip. Lori has been trying to get them to go out, but they keep declining. Fatima hasn't heard from Ian anymore. She also hasn't seen Madea since the grand opening. She did allow Crystal to stay over for a few days, but that didn't go very well.

Her phone rings. It's Madea. "Hey baby girl, you been ignoring me?"

"No Madea. I'm sorry. Things were a little hectic at the office." said Fatima.

"I have to have foot surgery next week. Are you available to take me and pick me up?" asks Madea.

"Yes. What time is it?

"11:00. You don't have to stay just drop me off and I'll call you when it's time to pick me up."

"Ok," Fatima responds.

"How was it having Crystal over?"

"Not good. We got in an argument, and I told her to leave."

"Ooh, you better tell me everything when I see you next week."

"Ok. Bye. I love you."

Zac

Zac is back in Atlanta. He felt some type of way after Fatima never responded to his text, so he kept it moving. He's just been focusing on real estate in Florida, Atlanta, and South Carolina.

Fatima, Andi, and Lori

Lori finally got them out after 3 tries.

"We outside!" yells Andi.

"About the time I got you'll outside," Lori says.

It's a Saturday night so the girls decided to go out. They went to Club Eden.

"Girl, we haven't been out in so long I forgot how sexy we are," Fatima said confidently.

"There goes your cousin. See if we can get some free drinks." Lori says.

Madam is Fatima's little cousin and owner of Club Eden. You can call her Madam, Marilyn, or Mimi just depends on who you are. She and Fatima were very close as kids until Fatima left her to go to college. She is proud of her, but she always thought they were thick as thieves and would do everything together.

Fatima goes to greet her cousin at the bar. "Hey, Mimi."

"Hey T!" Madam turns around and hugs Fatima. "Long time no see, so what brings you here."

"Well, I'm just hanging with the girls." she points to Lori and Andi.

"Ok drinks on me." She let the bartender know.

"Alright ladies, free drinks, now let's have fun," says Fatima.

Andi notices a familiar face. It's Jake. They met at the grand opening a few months ago.

"Hey Andi, Ladies."

"Hey, stranger. How have you been?" Andi says.

"I'm good and you."

"Sorry I haven't called you yet."

"That's ok." she lied.

"Well, can we go have a seat and talk?"

"Sure," says Andi. "Fatima and Lori, I'll be back."

Andi and Jake chit-chat for a few minutes and decide to go out for dinner next weekend.

A couple of guys come over to where Fatima and Lori are standing. The ask them for a dance.

The guy that asked Fatima to dance was kind of young, about 25, had dreads, and tattoos on his neck. Not really Fatima's type, but it's just a dance, she thought.

The girls continue to enjoy themselves and then head home.