Chapter 34: Life Ain't Fair

After finding out she is pregnant, she takes a moment and things finally settle in. After this paternity mess with Zac she has to make a decision, either get back with him or be a single mom. Tears start rolling down her eyes.

She gets interrupted by the doorbell. She wipes her tears and goes to see who it is. Thank goodness it's just Andi.

"What's up? What are you doing here?" Asks Fatima.

"Came to check on you and bring you some food." Says Andi.

"I guess now that I moved closer y'all just gone start popping up at my house without calling?"

"Well, I figured since I'm the only one that knows what's going on with you, you wouldn't mind."

"Well I do mind, but since you're here and brought food, you can stay. Thank you."

One of Fatima's pet peeves is showing up to her house unannounced or before calling first.

"I guess you're not up for a girl's night in?" Asks Andi.

"No not really. You can stay, but Lori doesn't know yet and I'm not ready to listen to her crazy ass." Says Fatima.

"Ok cool, so how was the doc appointment?"

"I'm 6 weeks."

"Are you happy about the baby?" Andi asked Fatima.

"This isn't quite how I envisioned it, but maybe before I deliver, I will be more excited."

"I'm going to be an auntie," Andi says excitedly. Since I'm the first to know can I be God Mommy?"

"You and I have been friends longer than Lori and I, so of course. She would understand. But I did tell Mimi yesterday."

"What did she say?"

"You know the usual," says Fatima. How did it go at the office today?"

"Everything went smooth." Says Andi.

"I got a few emails I need to look at. I think one of them is about the paternity request I sent up. Can you hand me my laptop from over there, please?" Asks Fatima.

Andi hands her the laptop. She looks through her messages.

"So, she refused to sign the consent for testing. I guess she wants to go the court route."

"Crazy ass." Says Andi.

"Give me one moment. Let me call Zac."

She calls Zac.

"Hey, so she will not take the DNA test. This means we have to go to court. Things may get ugly." Fatima says.

"Oh, gosh, if she doing all this then that baby may not be mine." Says Zac. "When is the court date?"

"I will let you know."

"Thanks, Fatima."

Zac was at the bar with Jake.

"How are things going with you and Fatima?" Asks Jake.

"They're not. That's why I can't wait until all this is over so I can get my girl back."

"I hear ya."

"Why when things are going good something always got to come around and jack your shit up?"

"That's life man."

"Enough about me. You and Andi seem to be getting close. When's the wedding?" Zac asks jokingly.

"Hold up. You are moving way too fast. She is cool and all but marriage. I don't know about all that." Says Jake.

Zac laughs and they continue to enjoy themselves.