Chapter 37: Preparing for Court

Fatima wakes up to take a shower while Madam is still asleep.

After she gets dressed and goes downstairs Madam comes down in her PJs.

"You were knocked out. Didn't want to wake you." Fatima says.

"Let me get dressed and I'll leave out when you go." Says Madam.

"You can stay and lock up."

"Naw, just give me 15 minutes." Says Madam.

"Ok. Hurry up." Says Fatima.

Madam gets dressed and comes back downstairs.

"Thank you for keeping me, company Madam."

"No problem, girl." Says Madam.

Fatima goes to work.

Once she gets there Andi calls her to her office.

"Tima!" Says Andi.

"Hey, how was your weekend?

"It was nice. How was yours?

"Girl, you want the quick version or the long version?"

"No, I want to hear play-by-play." Says Andi.

"Well, it's a lot, so I will have to tell you about it later."

Fatima gets up and goes to her office.

Madam's POV

Marilyn aka Madam is Fatima's cousin. She does not play when it comes to family. She will cut, shoot, or kill for those she loves. Her motto is don't mess with her family, her business, or her money or you will get dealt with. Well, now Ian wants his turn.

After leaving Fatima's she knew Ian would be locked up for at least a day or two. So, she visits her goon in the prison She shows him a picture of Ian, tells him to rough him up, and lets him know what will happen to him if he comes near her cousin again.

She then texts Fatima to let her know.

Back to the office

Fatima is hard at work. She finally got a court date for Zac's case. She asks him to meet her at her office at 3:00 to discuss what's next.

Andi comes into her office. "Chika, do you have time for lunch?"

"Not really, umm we would have to eat in the office," says Fatima.

"Okay, I will just have Muri order Pizza for everybody."

"That's fine with me. You love being a boss, don't you?" Fatima asked.

"Maybe a little bit. But I love being your business partner more."

"Aww, Friend. Thank you, I needed that." 

Andi goes to tell the receptionist about ordering lunch and then comes back to Fatima's office.

"So, girl, spill the tea," says Andi.

Fatima tells her everything that happens with Karen. 

"Oh, that girl needs to get knocked flat on her face. For Zac's sake and yours, I hope this baby isn't his. Oh, hold up wait, your baby and Karen's child may be siblings." Andi jokes.

"Ok, LORI, that's not even funny," says Fatima annoyingly.

"My bad. That is something she would say, isn't it?"

"Do you want to hear what else happened?"

"Yes, yes, yes," says Andi.

"So, Ian stupid ass comes banging on my door last night at around 10. He was drunk saying crazy stuff. I called the police and pressed charges. Mimi said she heard he got beat up badly by someone in the jail cell." Fatima tells Andi.

"Girl, that is some mess. How did he find out where you live?"

"I don't know, but he better not come back."

"Oh, so now Madea knows about the pregnancy. Of course, she drilled me with 101 questions."

"What about Zac? When are you going to tell him?"

"Every time I get up the nerve to do so, I shut down. He's coming to the office today about the case, but that's not the right time."

A few minutes later the food comes. They eat and then get back to work.

It is now 3:00 and Zac comes to the office. They discuss the case and everything to prepare for court in the morning.