Chapter 19: Stalker Vibes

Sunday Morning

The next morning Fatima had to complete a few errands, but before that, she decided to go for a run around the neighborhood. This will be her last week in this neighborhood. 

She runs into Ian. 

"Ian, what are you doing over here? In my neighborhood?" 

"I....was." Ian begins to stutter.

"Stalking me?" asked Fatima.

"No."

"Why else would you be running in my neighborhood? Ian, you live 20 minutes from here. You pass 5 parks on your way, don't play with me."

"Tima I just want to talk."

"There is nothing to talk about. Besides, I saw your mom the other day and she told me she wasn't sick. So, get out of here. Away from me."

"Tima, don't be like that."

"Be like what? Nigga you are the one that was messing around with my sister."

"Look, I'm sorry."

"Listen to me and listen to me well. You better not come near me or my house again or your mother will be burying her son. DO YOU HEAR ME?"

"I'm sorry. Fatima. Please forgive me."

Fatima takes off jogging her way back to the house. She calls Madam.

"Hey T. What's up?" answers Madam.

"That rat Ian is stalking me. He showed up at my house the other week lying about his mom being sick. Today he was pretending to be running in my neighborhood. There is no reason he should be on this side of town."

"Do you want me to take care of him? T just say the word," asked Madam.

"Not yet Marilyn. I gave him a warning. If I see him one more time, then it's on."

"Ok let me know."

"Alright. Bye."

Zac's POV

Zac's life has been pretty good lately. The business has been thriving. He sold two homes in the last month including Fatima's. He has been working on flipping houses and renting them out. He and Fatima have been spending more time together lately, so he decides to buy her a housewarming gift.

While at the mall buying Fatima's gift, he sees his ex, Karen. Karen was his high school sweetheart for 5 years. She ended it because she didn't like Zac running the streets. They hadn't talked in over 10 years. 

"Hey Zac," says Karen.

"Karen? it's been a long time." He hugs her.

"You are looking good, Zac."

"Thanks. What brings you to Atlanta?" asks Zac.

"My mom and I were ready to get out of New York. We moved here a few months ago."

"Ok. That's what's up."

"What about you? I heard you were a big-time Real Estate Agent. That's good."

"Oh, so you been hearing about me?"

Karen laughs. "You ain't married yet?"

"Nope. Not yet."

"Then maybe we can hook up, have dinner, or something. Give me your phone."

Zac gives Karen his phone and she puts her number in and then dials her phone so she can get his number.

"Well, it was nice seeing you, Karen."

"Same. Hopefully, I will see you again soon."

The two go their separate ways. Zac finds the perfect gift for Fatima. Then leaves the mall.