Chapter 9: Making a Move

Fatima is ready to go house hunting, especially after what happened with Ian. She is ready for a new address and to live closer to the firm. Right now, she is commuting about 45 minutes one way to work. She asked Jake if he could help her look or send someone from his office.

Knock, knock. Fatima knocks on Andi's office door.

"Hey, girl. Do you have a minute?"

"Yeah, come on in."

"Do you remember I told you Ian came by my house the other day talking about his mom being sick? When Lori and I were out yesterday, we ran into his mom. She didn't know what we were talking about."

"So, he lied about his mom being sick?" Asked Andi.

"Yep. Who does that?" Fatima asked.

"Ian's stupid ass." laughs Andi.

"Well, he better not show up at my house again. Better yet asks Jake to give me the number to his guy, so I can start looking.

"Ok, let me text him." Andi text Jake. 5 minutes later he sends her the information.

"Ok, I just forward what he sent me." Says Andi.

"Thanks, girl. Let me go call now," says Fatima. She goes to her office and makes the call. The receptionist emails her the form to fill out with her information and what she is looking for. She has an appointment with Zachary Tayor at 1:00 tomorrow at one of the homes Fatima wanted to look at. The receptionist then emails Zac all the information.

The next morning.

"Hey, Muri. Good morning. What appointments do I have today? asks Fatima.

"You have a 9:00 with the Butlers and an 11:00 with Judy," says Muri the receptionist.

"Thank you. Oh, and I'm leaving at noon today." Says Fatima.

"Yes ma'am." Says Muri.

"Do you know if Andi is here?"

"Yes, she's in her office."

Fatima goes to Andi's office.

"Hey, Andi. I think we should have a staff luncheon on Friday, what do you think?

"Sounds good to me," says Andi.

"Alright, I'll have Muri get on it."

She heads back to the lobby to tell Muri, but she wasn't there.

The phone rings.

"The Law Office of Wilson and Barnes, Attorney Wilson speaking," Fatima announced.

"Look at you big T," says Madea.

"Well good morning to you too Madea. 

"Good morning, baby."

"My receptionist had to step away so let me transfer you to my office so I can pick it up there."

Fatima goes to her office. "What's going on? Do you need anything?"

"Nope, just checking to see how you are doing," says Madea.

One thing about Madea is she never likes to bother Fatima for anything, especially money. Unlike her estranged sister Crystal. That's another reason they don't get along. Usually, when Madea calls to check on Fatima, it is just that.

"I'm leaving early today to look at some houses."

"Oh ok."

"Would you move in with me? It will have plenty of space."

"Uh no. You know I need my space and privacy." Says Madea.

"Yeah, I know, but it didn't hurt to try."

The two talk for a little bit then Fatima gets off to get ready for her 9:00 client.

Zac's POV.

Zac and Jake own a real estate company together. Zac does mostly residential property and Jake does more of the commercial property.

He gets to work around 9:00 am. "Good morning." He says to his receptionist. 

"Good morning, all your appointments for today are on your calendar." The receptionist says.

"Thank you," says Zac. As he heads to his office, he notices Jake's door is open.

"Hey, my man. You finally made it back to the office I see." Says Zac.

Jake replies. "Yep, I will probably be here all day today. I have a lot of paperwork to do." 

"Alright, talk to you later.

Zac goes to his office to see what is on his calendar.

Good. My 5:00 was rescheduled, so my last one is at 1:00. He thought.

He reads the information for 1:00.

Name: Fatima Taylor

Price Range: $400,000-$500,000

Property Type: Single Family

Location: Alpharetta Area

Bed: 3+

Bath: 2.5+

Other Amenities: Gas, Guest on main.

He looks at the name again. Fatima? I wonder if that's her.

He goes to Jake's office. "Who is this, Fatima Wilson? It says that she was referred by you."

"Oh, um one of my lady's friends," says Jake. "She is an attorney. Why do you know her?"

"Do I know her? Man, I met her in Orlando when I went to Preston's wedding. Ooh, this is going to be good." Zac said in a naughty way.

Jake shakes his head. "Alright man. This girl doesn't seem like she plays around."

"Did you tell her who I was?"

"Nope. I didn't even know you knew each other."

"Well, I can't wait to see her. It's been a couple of months.