Chapter 20: To New Beginnings

It's a week later, and Fatima is gathering her last bit of items from her townhouse. Zac has offered his cleaning crew to come over to deep clean the house so that she can start renting it immediately.

Knock, knock. It's Andi.

"Hey T. I just stopped by to see if you needed some help."

"Help with what? It's only a few things left in here."

"No, I mean parting ways with this place." She laughs. "You know how you are when it's time to say goodbye to something that you're attached to."

"I know this was my first place." Fatima pouts. "You remember when Lori had that hangover and threw up on my rug?"

"See that's what we not gone do." Says Andi.

"A, you know what I'm going to miss this place, but it has more bad memories than good. It has Ian's trifling ass in it. Besides I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things."

Andi snaps her fingers. "That's growth baby."

"I love your crazy ass. Here take these last few boxes to the car and I will lock up."

Fatima and Andi lock up and leave the house. They head to the new house, where a few cars are parked in her driveway. When she pulls into the driveway she sees Lori, Madam, Madea, and Aunt Hattie all outside. She gets out of the car.

"WELCOME HOME!" Everyone shouts.

"Aww thank you. What are you guys doing here? Asks Fatima as she gets emotional.

"All your favorite people wanted to be here during this exciting moment." Lori takes out a bottle of champagne and pours everyone a glass. "Let's toast to new beginnings."

Everyone lifts their glass. "TO NEW BEGINNINGS!"

"I love all of y'all." Says Fatima. "Now let's go inside."

"Yeah, I need a tour." Says Madam.

They all go in and look at the place. Everyone loves it.

"And this is Madea's room whenever she wants to move in with me," says Fatima.

"The hell. I told you I like my space." Says Madea.

"I know, but it was worth a try." Says Fatima.

They talk and laugh for a little while longer and then everyone leaves.

Ring, ring. Zac is calling.

"Hello."

"Hey, Fatima. How are you doing?" asks Zac.

"I'm doing good. My family just left. They were welcoming me into the new home." says Fatima.

"Ok. That's good. I wanted to stop by and bring you something. If that's okay."

"Oh, Zac you don't have to."

"Of course, I don't have to do anything, but I want to."

"Ok. You're right."

"So, are you up for some company? Can I come by?"

"Umm, sure. What is your ETA?"

"Well. I have to stop by the office and then I will be over there. Probably about 45 minutes to an hour."

"Ok perfect."

"Fatima! Are you up for dinner? I know this spot it's not too far from your house. I would like to take you."

"Wow, ok. Well, let me go get ready. I will see you in a few."

Fatima runs to her bedroom to find something cute to wear. Dang. Everything is packed up. How am I going to find something in all these boxes? She thinks to herself. There. You can't go wrong with a little black dress. Now I have to find some heels. Never mind I think this will be perfect. Fatima goes to shower and gets dressed.

 Fatima goes to shower and gets dressed

Zac arrives and knocks on the door.

Fatima answers the door and greets Zac.

"Hi there. Come on in."

"Wow, Fatima. You look gorgeous."

"Thanks. I just grabbed something out of one of those boxes."

He kisses her on the cheek and hands her a box.

"This is for you," says Zac.

"Thanks, should I open it?"

"Go right ahead," says Zac.

Fatima opened the box. It's a plush rose gold robe with matching slippers, a spa gift basket, and a bathtub caddie.

"Oh, wow Zachary! Thank you. This is so nice. How did you know my favorite color was rose gold?"

"I just noticed the decorations around your old house."

Fatima smiles and then moves in and gives Zac a passionate kiss on the lips.

"Thank you," Fatima whispers. 

"Are you ready to go eat? asks Zac.

"Yes."

They get in Zac's truck to head to the restaurant. There is total silence during the ride. Fifteen minutes later they arrive, and Zac helps Fatima out of the car. Once in the restaurant, they are seated.

"You've been mighty quiet." Say, Zac.

"I'm sorry, I've just been deep in thought," says Fatima.

"I hope is a good thought."

She smiles. "Yes."

They order their food. Eat, talk, and get to know each other. Everything is going great. They leave the restaurant.

Zac wants to take Fatima back home and fuck her so bad, but he decides against it. He likes her a lot and doesn't want the relationship to be just a sexual relationship. So, he walks her to the door and kisses her on the forehead. Fatima is thrown off. They say good night and he leaves.