Chapter 49: Meeting the Parents

Zac and Fatima wake up, do their morning routine, and head to the airport. Fatima is wearing a cute little jogging suit she bought so she and the baby would be comfy. They get seated on the airplane and take off.

Zac grabs Fatima's hand. "When you said you loved me last night, did you mean it?"

Fatima looked at Zac, "Yes. Zac, you have been amazing to me, to us," she rubs her belly. "I believe you're going to be a great father."

Zac smiles. He is a very confident man, but he doesn't hear that from people too often. To finally hear that from Fatima made him feel good.

"Are you ready to see my folks?" asks Zac.

"I'm a little nervous," says Fatima.

After about 2 hours the flight lands. They get their luggage and exit the plane.

"My brother is coming to pick us up," says Zac.

Zac sees the SUV and they go get in. "Hey, this is my brother, Lonzo. Lonzo this is my girl, Fatima."

"Hi, nice to meet you," says Fatima.

"Hi, Fatima. Nice to meet you too," says Lonzo.

He and Zac chat it up a few, while Fatima falls asleep in the back seat.

Zac's Family

Zac was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He is the oldest child of Martha and James Taylor. His brother, Lonzo is 4 years younger. His sister, Kizzy, is 10 years younger. He grew up in a working-class household. Both his parents worked hard to make sure the kids needed nothing. Mr. and Mrs. Taylor have been married for 35 years. Because of them, Zac has always wanted to get married and have a family.

They enter the house, and everyone is glad to see them.

Zac introduces them. "Everyone this is my Lady, Fatima. Fatima, this is my mom, dad, my sister Kizzy, and you've met Lonzo."

"Hi, nice to meet you all. Nice home Mrs. Taylor," says Fatima.

"You ain't getting away that easily, Fatima we hug here," Mrs. Taylor says as she hugs Fatima. "Zac has told us a lot about you. You're so pretty."

"I did do good, didn't I?" says Zac as he grabs Fatima's hand and kisses it. "But I didn't tell you everything."

"What are ya'll engaged?" Asked Mrs. Taylor.

Zac rubs her belly and then Fatima unzips her jacket so her round belly can be seen.

"You guys are pregnant?" asks Kizzy.

"Oh my, I'm going to be a grandma," Mrs. Taylor says happily.

They all congratulate and hug both Fatima and Zac.

"Now that's what I call a surprise," says Mr. Taylor.

"How far along are you?" Mrs. Taylor asked.

"6 months," Fatima responds.

"So, I'm going have to put in PTO and get ready to come to Atlanta real soon," says Mrs. Taylor.

"I knew she was pregnant at the airport, but I also know not to assume a woman is pregnant unless you want your ass killed," says Lonzo.

"Lonzo, you are so stupid," says Zac.

"Well, let's go have a seat," says Mrs. Taylor.

The party isn't until tomorrow, so Zac wanted to take Fatima around his neighborhood.

"Mom, if it's okay I wanted to show Fatima the neighborhood. We will be back before dinner."

"Ok, be safe out there," says his mom.