Chapter 43: The Appointment

Fatima is now in her 2nd trimester and has a doctor's appointment at 2:00 pm. Zac is going to meet her at the doctor's office.

It is noon. She is working from home today, so she finishes up some paperwork and then goes into the kitchen to get some lunch.

Zac calls her.

"Hey, do you want me to pick you up or meet you?"

"Um, you know I can drive," says Fatima.

"I know, but I just finished up a showing. I didn't know I would be done so early."

Fatima thinks about it. Even though Zac has been showing up a lot, she doesn't want to rush things. She doesn't want him to be with her just because she is pregnant with his child. For lunch, she makes herself a salad and baked potato and sits in the living room to watch her stories. Around 1:00 she gets dressed and heads to the car. Zac is outside waiting for her.

"Oh, so you are stalking me too." Fatima jokes.

"No girl. You didn't tell me yay or nay about picking you up. So I decided to come anyway. Besides, I feel like I have to just take charge because you are tripping. I've been very patient with you. You know I care about you a lot and we are having a baby together so the least we can do is give us a chance."

"I mean..."

"I mean nothing. Come get your ass in this car and let me take you to this doctor's appointment." Zac orders.

Fatima does as she is told. She gets in Zac's truck and starts texting Andi and Lori on group chat.

Fatima to Andi and Lori: BFFs, do you know Zac just got me all the way together? Talking about get your ass in the car so I can take you to your appointment.

Andi: About dern time. I told you he is a good one.

Lori: What have we been trying to tell her Andi? To let him in, but naw her stubborn ass doesn't want to listen.

Andi: Especially after he protracted you from Ian.

Lori: Right.

Fatima: Whatever, but then he was like I'm going to take charge. I ain't gone lie that turned me on.

Lori: You are so stupid.

Fatima: Alright bye. I'm at the Doctor's.

They get out of the car and head into the office. The concierge checks them in and then sends them to the room for the doctor to see them.

"Hello, Fatima." Says Dr. Kisnee.

"Hey, Doc. This is my...The babies...The father." says, Fatima. Listening to herself try to introduce Zac raised a red flag. When Fatima thought about having kids, she always thought she would be married first. Yes, she and Zac are far from that, but like he said I should at least give it a try. Maybe I can for the baby.

Zac and the doctor greet each other and then they get right to it.

"Fatima, can you get undressed and put this on so we can do the ultrasound?" says Dr. K.

Fatima does so.

"Okay let's take a look at the ultrasound. You are right at 13 weeks. The nausea should settle now. Are you eating?" asks Dr. K.

"Yes," says Zac as he interrupts Dr. K. "I make sure she does."

"Ok well, that's good. Also, the baby is healthy and growing. Did you two have any questions?"

"No not at this time." Says Fatima. "You know me, I will have all the questions later."

"That's fine just call or email me."

Fatima gets dressed and they leave the office.

"Do you want to get something to eat?"

"Sure, but can we order takeout? I'm not feeling like sitting in a restaurant."

They order some tacos and then head back to Fatima's house. When they get there Fatima goes straight to the kitchen to eat. Zac looks at her like dang your hungry.

"I am eating for two," says Fatima. "I'm sorry I would walk you to the door, but I am eating."

"Didn't I tell you I'm not going anywhere, woman? I'm about to sit down and eat."

They finish the tacos and then sit on the sofa. Zac grabs Fatima's feet to message them.

"Look Tima, I know you are the boss at work, but..." says Zac.

"Zac before you finish, I was thinking when we were at the doctors that I don't want to be a baby momma or introduce you as just my child's father. And you're right it would not be right if we don't at least see where this can go."

"Like I was saying before I got interrupted...no I'm just playing. So are you saying I'm your man?" Zac says with a smile.

"Yes," Fatima says rolling her eyes. Zac ticked her feet.

"What you are rolling your eyes for, you better come give me a kiss woman?"

They kiss for a few and then Zac continues to rub her feet.

"Shoot now that your ex is out the picture, I don't have to worry about you getting back with him," says Zac.

"Getting back with Ian, oh please. That would have never happened. Why would you think that?"

"Cuz you weren't trying to give me a chance, and you know how you women are. Run from the good guys and straight to the no goods or get back with the exes that treated you like garbage."

"You think you're a good guy?" Asks Fatima.

"Yes, I do," Zac says as he starts massaging her calves. "So does this mean I can start staying the night over sometimes?"

Fatima makes an annoyed face. "I guess."

"See that's what I'm talking about, you making those faces and acting all hard to get. You know you like me too." Zac says as he starts to tickle her. "Don't you?"

"Yes, I do. You're alright." She says and then starts smiling.