Part 25; Feeling Unsafe

It was our first match in the Interhigh. They've been training for this opponent for about a week now but they're already ready. We're going up against Shinkyo Academy. They have a tall exchange student which is allowed but they can only have a few of them but they only have one.

Thankfully. Mitobe has been helping Kagami get around an opponent that's bigger than you which was quite simple after you learn it.

"Kagami, are you ready?" I asked as we walked to the stadium.

All he did was smirk. He must have not slept at all last night because of his fiery personality. I rolled my eyes once we walked in. I grabbed some of the guy's water bottles to refill. I was looking around for a water fountain but I couldn't seem to find one until I bumped into a guy.

He smirked, "Hello pretty lady."

Right then is when I wanted to go back to my team. But I already knew he was from the other team because of his jersey.

"Hi," I say as I move around him, finally seeing a water fountain.

"What's your name?" He asked, standing really close to me.

I stepped back, "Sawamura Y/n I'm the manager for Seirin now if you'll excuse me I have things to do before the game starts."

He was quick to step in front of me, "C'mon how about you let me make a deal with you," He suggested as I rolled my eyes.

"If it would get you to leave me alone," I mumbled but of course, he heard it.

"If my team wins you have to go on a date with me." He said, stepping close to me.

I step back again, "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend so...no," I say as I head back to the bench. I grabbed some more bottles, "Koganei can you help me fill up the rest of the water bottles? A guy on the other team won't stop pestering me?" I asked and he was quick to say yes.

TIMESKIP

Once the rest of the guys heard what I asked of Koganei they all took it upon themselves to bring hell on the team and make them lose. 67-79. I texted Ryota if he could walk me home from the stadium. I just didn't trust the guy on the other team.

He said yes with no question but I didn't tell him why I wanted him to walk me home from the stadium. Maybe it was to hang out with him. Yes but not quite the reason.

"You guys don't have to worry about taking me home. Ryota is here to walk me home," I say as I grab my bag leaving the rest of the team behind and going out to see Ryota there in his jersey with one of his teammates. "Please don't tell me I interrupted something for you to walk me home Ryota?" I asked, catching both boys' attention.

He shook his head, "It sounded urgent so no you didn't. Did something happen?" He asked.

"Sorry that I texted you I could've gone with the team-" I started to say before his teammate interrupted me.

"Sawamura your fine Kise said he was gonna walk you home so I just decided to come along," He said making me feel a tiny bit better, "Did something happen though?" He asked.

I nodded, "One of the players on the other team was pestering me and making me uncomfortable," I say looking down as Ryota slipped his hand into mine.

"Do I need to go beat this guy?" Ryota calmly asked as I was quick to shake my head 'no'.

"Don't start anything Ryota please I just wanna go home," I said as I held his hand even more tightly.

So he did as told his teammate was easy to get along with. I'm glad he has some pretty good teammates. Better than the last ones he had.