Part 19; Moving on

I started talking a lot with Kuroko about whether or not I should leave just like he had but I can't leave behind Kise. He was there for me when I needed him the most. I can't just leave him now. I still have to figure out what high school I'm going to go to. It's between Seirin and Kaijo. I need to talk to Kise about it. Maybe he'll help me decide what to do. Or he'll get upset that I'm even thinking about a different school other than the one he's going to.

I stopped Kise before he went into the changing room after practice, "I need to talk to you." I say looking away from him.

"Huh, what's up Y/n-cchi?" He asked before I pulled him outside of the gym.

"Kise, I'm thinking about quitting the team again," I frown, not even looking him in the eyes.

I look up to see him shocked and angry, "Why?"

I frown, "I-I just hate how selfish you've become."

"What?!" He shrieked, "Are you still going to Kaijo with me?" He asked as I looked away again.

"I might go to the same school as Kuroko. They have a good team there plus the coach is a female so it'll be easier to work with her than an angry man," I turn away I can't even face him.

I could feel how upset he was with me, "C'mon Y/n-cchi you said you'd stay on the team for me and go to the same high school as me." He turned me to face him but I still looked away, "Stop looking away from me," He said as he put his hand on my chin making sure I was looking him in the eye.

I grab his hand removing it from my chin, "I'm sorry Kise-"

"Ryota were close friends so call me Ryota," He said as he put his hands on my waist pulling me closer to him.

"Still I'm sorry Ryota but I think I need to step back from basketball for the summer I still think I need to go to Seirin we still can hang out when we can," I say but I don't move I still look at him in the eye I'm going to miss him of course but we still can hang out.

He moved his head to my shoulder, "I don't want to hang out when we can, I want to hang out with you every single moment of the day."

Once he said that he pulled back looking at my lips and leaning in closer, "Ryota I just got out of a relationship you know that."

"Please Y/n-cchi just this once forget everything else except me please," He leaned in closer.

"Okay," I said as I let him lean in closer until he kissed me.

I move my hands to his cheeks but he pulls away, "Are you still leaving me behind?"

I kissed his cheek, "I'm not leaving you. I'll still be with you just right now you have basketball and I'll see you after and when we're in high school I'll see you after practice and I'll go to your games and you can come to mine alright."

He huffed, "Fine you know we're gonna have to tell my agency about this."

"I know," I frown.

They can approve or deny to let us publicly date or even date at all; it sucks wanting to date an influencer. I sigh as he lets me go as he goes into the gym. I stood there by myself until I heard someone come up behind me.

"So you really moved on?" A deep voice asked.

I turned around to see him and my eyes widened, "Haizaki-."

He rolled his eyes, "To think I could get you back." He said laughing to himself.

"We broke up, Haizaki. I've already said goodbye," I say, turning away from him.

"C'mon did you really think I would stop trying?" He asked but I already knew the answer to that question.

I sighed, "I love you I really do but I can't be with someone who cheated on me in the past that would only break you even more because I wouldn't trust you." I say as I walk into the gym, "So please Haizaki get over me."