Part 01; Clubs

Weeks had passed since I started at my new school. Teiko Junior High. I moved from Miyagi just a few weeks ago so I was still getting used to everything. But right now I have to focus on what club I wanna join this year. Today they are having a club fair since they want more people to join clubs before we get too far into the school year.

I've only met one person so far and her name is Momoi Satsuki. She's my next-door neighbor. And she has been really kind to me since my family moved here. She's the manager of the boys' basketball club. She has been begging me to join so she can have help since there are so many boys on the team. I don't know if I even want to be in a club right now. I want to focus more on grades but my parents are thinking otherwise.

They want me to join a sport or at least be a manager of a sport. I don't understand why we even had to move. Miyagi was a small town and it was good enough for our family. I don't understand why we had to move down here.

So many things I don't understand but still I want to be able to have fun and be a part of a team like I was last year in elementary school. Though it is weird switching schools at the beginning of school. School started three months ago and I was already switching schools.

I just walked around. I didn't want to step up to any booths. I wanted to look around before I started making my way through all the booths. There were so many clubs to choose from. It doesn't help that Teiko is a big school.

"There you are, Sawamura!," Momoi said as she walked to me. She was walking with a guy I didn't know.

I waved, "Oh hi Momoi."

"Are you planning on joining a club?" She asked brightly like she wanted me to say no.

"Yeah but I don't know which one to join," I said as I looked around, seeing many booths.

Her smile got wider after I said, "Great you should join the boys' basketball club and be a manager with me," I should have known she would make me join it sooner or later.

I nodded, "Sure get me an application. I should head for homeroom. I have a lot of work to catch up on," I smiled as she ran to the basketball booth with the guy trailing behind her.

I sighed as I walked back to my homeroom. No one was really there since a lot of people were out walking with their friends seeing all the booths and everything. I sat down in my seat and just started to work.