Special Chapter 3: Late Night Conversations

[Some time before Gojo and Y/N had a child...]

It was already 10 in the evening, and Gojo had been waiting for his wife to finish some paperworks for her business. Although typically Y/N won't let him drive because everyone knows the reason why, today he managed to convince her to go home together.

It's been an hour since Gojo arrived and since then, Y/N is still so into her work.

It's all for the preparations for opening her own business, her parents wanted her to just manage their family business, but she wants to venture on her own, so they just supported her, like they always do.

"You're overworking yourself" Y/N perked up at his voice, he was leaning on the doorframe of her office.

"I'm almost done" she says which made him sigh.

"You said that too, an hour ago" he says as he walks towards her, he gently grabbed her hand from the mouse she has been holding.

"Come on, you need to rest, it's already late, there's still tomorrow" with this, Y/N finally gave in and nodded her head as she started to get her things.

This is why Gojo checks on her from time to time because he clearly knows how his wife has the tendency to overwork herself, contrary to him who always goes home on the dot and rarely works overtime.

"I'm sorry, I was just so focused I didn't notice the time" Y/N said, her voice laced with exhaustion. Gojo only smiled at her and took her hand after she made sure everything was turned off and the door was locked.

Despite being exhausted, Gojo's touch made her heart flutter and somehow lessened the stress she felt.

Y/N's smile didn't fade as they held hands and walked silently to the parking lot. True to his words, Gojo made sure not to drive in a speed of light as he usually does when he's alone or when he's in his constant sugar rush mode.

The silence was comfortable all throughout the ride, Gojo knew better that Y/N prefers not to talk when she's tired, so he just kept quiet, only the sound of faint music from the car radio can be heard. The ride went smoothly and they finally got home.

After taking a short bath, Y/N slumped on the bed and let out a satisfied hum.

"Whoever invented a pillow has all my love and respect" she said and hugged it tight.

"Huh, good for the pillow for having someone to hug it"

Y/N felt the other side of the mattress dip and she rolled her eyes at Gojo who said that.

"Pillows are fluffy, unlike you"

"You should've married a pillow then"

"Damn I should have"

Then both of them just chuckled at the same time, Y/N scooted closer to him then Gojo placed a kiss on her forehead and continues to brush her hair slowly with his hand.

"Satoru..." Y/N started and he hummed in response. "Earlier, one of my staff asked me"

"Asked you what?" He shifted slightly to face her.

"How many kids my husband wants"

Gojo perked up and looked at her.

"So I'm also asking you now...how many kids would you want?" She asked, eagerly anticipating what will his answer be.

"Well, isn't that question supposed to be directed to you? You're the one who'll be carrying the baby for 9 months" he replies.

Y/N suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach, what he said was supposed to be bare minimum, but it still made her feel so loved and cared for.

"Well, I have an answer for that question, but I want to know yours first"

Gojo didn't even hesitate with his answer. "Two" he says. "At least two" he paused, then looked at the ceiling. "I don't want them to be lonely, if they had a sibling, then they'll have each other"

Maybe because he is an only child that he wanted to have his future children to have siblings, that way, they will have someone to confide with, someone they can trust, someone they can rely on, and have a real family.

Y/N hummed in response. "Actually, me too, I want two" she responded. "And I really want a daughter, if we happen to have two sons, then it's fine for me to have three"

Gojo smiled at her response. "The decision still depends on you" he ruffled her hair.

"Then..." Y/N paused, contemplating on whether to say it or not. They've been married for a year already, she shouldn't get shy over topics like this, yet she couldn't help it.

"What?" Gojo questioned, waiting for her to continue.

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind"

"Y/N, you know you can tell me anything"

Y/N looked away before speaking. "Should we try?" She finally asked.

"Try what?" This was the only time Gojo genuinely doesn't know what his wife's talking about.

"You know, having a child?"

At this, Gojo's eyes widened a little then he chuckled.

"I know I said I want to spend like a year or two with just us first since we have Megumi anyway, but I think I'm ready" she said, still not looking at him.

"Hey look at me" he says as he gently held her face to face him.

"I told you, it's up to you to decide"

Once again, Y/N was mesmerized with his ocean eyes, this is why she rarely stares at his eyes as she always gets completely drawn in them. Yet she never admits this out loud to him, because he will never stop teasing her under normal circumstances. Yet at times like these, wherein they have late night conversations about certain topics, they both get serious that no one teases or makes sarcastic remarks against each other.

Somehow as if a magnetic force was present in between them, they both got closer to each other until their faces were just inches apart.

"Can I kiss you now?" Gojo asked in a low tone, almost a whisper yet enough for Y/N to hear. Y/N nodded in response, and smiled as he never fails to ask her even if they're already married, and so they kissed, and the rest is history.

━━━━━━━━━━━

note: Just like you beautiful people who continues to read this, I somehow couldn't also seem to let go of this story and I don't know why, so here you go, another chap ✨ and yes there will be an update for SC 2, will your 2nd child be still Gojo's copy paste or nah? We'll find it out.