𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮. reason

"Send my regards to your parents and grandparents!"

Y/N exclaimed and waved back at Gojo who just left to visit his hometown. He said his grandparents made a call and that his parents were back. He wanted to bring Y/N with him since it's her dayoff, but Y/N had some personal errands as well.

Truth is, she was actually planning to resign and is now processing her papers for resignment, and business permits because she will finally put up her own business, and she hasn't told Gojo this yet, because she wanted to surprise him too.

And so later that night, Y/N slept early because she was exhausted. She was peacefully sleeping until she suddenly felt someone snuggle in her bed and hugged her tight.

"Hmm, Satoru...is that you? You're back?" she spoke groggily, too tired to open her eyes and look at the person beside her. She knows it is him, she just wanted to ask. But instead of a reply, the man just buried his face on her back and hugged her tighter.

Now this time she knew something was wrong. She slightly tilted her body, and reached for his face.

"Are you okay?" she asked, but still no response, now this made her worried and decided to open her eyes despite being tired and rolled on the other side so that she would face him.

"Satoru, did something happen?" she asked and stroked his hair.

"I missed you"

"Satoru you've only been gone for a day" she lightly chuckled.

"It feels lonely without you"

"Satoru, tell me what's wrong"

"I'm so thankful for you and Yuji and Megumi and Nobara"

"Satoru"

"Do you know the reason why I wanted to be a teacher and took the three of them in?"

"Why?"

He hummed and and buried his head on the crook of her neck.

"It's because I've always felt so alone, and I felt like if I have students and someone to take care of, I am not alone"

It is an utter surprise for everyone who knows Gojo that this man has actually been lonely his whole life. With his happy go lucky and cheerful personality, no one would know that this person is suffering behind the smiles he's always giving.

Y/N remembered that Gojo actually grew up with his grandparents, and his parents were always away.

"Satoru —"

"When we were kids I was so glad we met you know? That's the only thing I thank my parents for, because they brought you to me" he continued. "Every time I see you, and the kids, it makes me so happy"

"I'm sorry Y/N, I couldn't introduce you formally to my parents this time, when I went home...they only said they approved of our relationship, but they were already preparing to leave"

"Oh, Satoru, I'm sorry, I should've gone with you" Y/N turned to face him, and combed his  stray hairs away from his face. She now regretted not coming with him.

"No, it's okay, but what's important is that they said they'll be in our engagement party" he gave her a smile. "It's okay now, I have you, Yuji, Megumi and Nobara, I couldn't be happier in life"

"Thank you, for bringing those three home, Satoru, never would have I thought I'd love taking care of them" Y/N said. 

"You said before you'd love to have a family. Me too..." Gojo said, his voice drifting, as sleep was finally taking over him.