Prompt 36

From your guys' comments I take it the last one was rough for more than one of us. For anyone else who has had to experience or is experiencing that pain, I'm so sorry and if anyone ever needs to talk (about literally anything else, too, doesn't just have to be that) feel free to message me.

Onto better things, this one will be somewhat happy. I'm not entirely sure I can't write anything majorly fluffy at the moment, but I'm going to try to not make people cry.

As always, be kind, stay safe, I love yal <3

- Callie

(Edit) FOUR THOUSAND READS??? I literally just realized that I haven't checked in a while- HOLY SHIT. THANK YOU!!!! I'm glad at least part of my morning today will be good. I'll will try to write, despite of it. (My grandfather's funeral is today) I'm sorry this is late also. If anybody has any requests, I will totally try to write some! Thank you so fucking much again, and I hope you like this.

(Edit) 6 days later and I'm finally finished! Yay! I actually kinda like this one, I think the ending is a little rushed, but I really wanted to update something. Im working on a headcannon thing for the four thousand reads (THANK YOUUUUUUUUU) and prompt 37 (which is a request! Ahhh!)

Third Person (unedited-ish)

Will and Nico entered the nearly deserted hotel. Will double checked the address Chiron had given them. The hotel was rundown and had an old smell to it. It wasn't necessarily dirty ('thank the gods,' Will thought) but it didn't seem popular. A fireplace, unlit, rest in the back wall of the lobby. It was surrounded by five semi-old looking rocking chairs with hole-y cushions on the seats.

They looked at each other, matching concerned expressions as they approached the front desk. A fairly old (there seemed to be a theme with the hotel) woman smiled at them. She didn't seem to mind - or notice - that Will had a big rip in his not-supposed-to-be-ripped-jeans and his sleeves were slightly bloodied. Or that Nico had blood that dried in drips down his cheek from his temple and his shirt was tattered. She practically acted like she saw this everyday. Which was especially weird, since the mist only covered so much.

"Hello," Will greeted kindly. He looked as if he was about to fall over from exhaustion, but he still made sure he had manners. "We have a room reserved?"

"Yes, yes," The woman muttered, bringing out a bulging binder from under the desk. She opened to one of the not-so-yellow pages and looked back up at Will. "Names?"

"It should be under the name Solace?"

"Oh, yes. I was expecting you!" The woman's face turned bright. Nico braced his hand on the hilt of his sword and Will reached for his dagger. "Oh, there's no need for that. Chiron said you two were coming. Come, come, now. This way."

Nico's grip relaxed, but he kept his hand where it was just in case. Will let out a sigh of relief and nudged Nico along. The woman, Agatha, daughter of Hermes they'd had learned, led them to their room, and handed Will the key before saying, "Have a safe stay." Nico nodded and Will shook her hand.

Will unlocked the hotel room door, marked 210, ready to fall over. That was until he saw the single bed. Nico dropped his backpack and opened his mouth as if he were going to talk, but stopped dead when he, too, saw the elephant in the room.

"D-Didn't Chiron say there were two beds?" Nico stuttered out, tone high, after another minute of shocked silence.

"Uh-huh," Will nodded, pitch just as high. Both knew neither of them would let the other take the floor so that was out of question. Both stood for a second in silence before Will announced he was going to shower and find food, deciding it would be easier to make a decision well-rested.