Prompt 28

CHRISTMAS ONE-SHOT TIME!!!!! I'm actually weirdly excited for this one, hence the all caps. I want to make this more fluffy because I feel like Christmas for Nico is sad... (if you know, you know) Anyways! I hope you like it! And just a heads up I had caffeine so my adhd is kinda WEEEEEE...

But! Enjoy, stay safe, and be kind! Love you guys! <3

(Also, sry this is three days late... first days back at skiing takes a lot of energy. I also rewrote this three times to try to get it right, tho I still think it kinda sucks)

Nico

The smell of gingerbread cookies and non-alcoholic eggnog filled the air in Will's and my apartment. We sat on the couch in the living room, covered by a mound of blankets. We were watching the annual Christmas Movie Marathon that was on live tv every year while we waited for our cookies to finish baking.

It was Christmas tradition for us, since Will knew that Christmas was a tough holiday for me. After all it was Bianca's death anniversary. That's why we never did anything crazy other than get together on Christmas Eve with The 7 to exchange gifts.

The timer went off, ruining our peaceful cuddles and replacing it with the excitement of decorating and eating cookies. Will pushed the blankets off of us and stood on wobbly feet. He held a hand out and I gladly took it, standing up on the couch cushions. I jumped off and pulled him along to the kitchen.

"I'll get the icing ready," Will said, letting go of my hand. I nodded in reply opening the oven door before getting an over mitt. The sweet smell of gingerbread wafted more thickly over the kitchen.

I started helping Will with the icing, waiting for the gingerbread to cool enough to put on a plate. We put all of the ingredients in the mixer, totally not fooling around and having a sword fight with rubber spatulas in the process.

While my wonderful husband watched the icing, making sure it wasn't clumpy, I started putting cookies on a plate and into the fridge to cool faster.

"Boo." Will's lips brushed my ear and I shivered, almost dropping the cookies. He stood behind me from my spot in front of our open fridge, bent over trying to find an empty spot.

"Seriously, William?" I turned around in the little space between him and the fridge.

"William? Oo- He's really annoyed," Will smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at him and punched him lightly in the arm. He grabbed at my hips as I turned around to actually put the cookies away.

"Let me put these in the fridge!" I squealed as he tickled me. He really put the bowl of icing down just to tickle me. "Will!" I managed to lean forward and put the plate on a shelf and push stuff back with it before Will tickled me where I was most ticklish.

"Ahh! Will!!!" I squealed again. He laughed at my discomfort.

"Kiss me!" He exclaimed in an Victorian accent. "Kiss me, and your suffering will end!" His tone was way too dramatic for the situation.

"No!" I yelled back, defiantly. In response, Will tickled me more aggressively.

"Are you sure?"

"No!"

"Then kiss me!"

"Fine! Fine!" Will finally stopped, leaving me panting for air. After I sucked in a few breaths and could finally breathe again, Will turned me in his arms.

"Kiss me then," He said. His arms were slightly cold from the air of the open fridge. I smirked and reached like I was going to wrap my arm around his neck. Instead, at the last second I dipped my finger tip lightly in the frosting. I pulled away quickly and dapped the icing on Will's nose.

"I- NICO!" I snuck out of his arms and ran to the very decorated living room. I cackled evilly for more effect. Hey, if he could be dramatic, why not me?

"Come back here!" Will called, running into the living room, frosting still on his nose.

"No." I sounded like a child, but I didn't care. This was fun.

"I will tickle you again." Will warned.

"No," I took a step back cautiously. Will will took two steps toward me.

"Yes," I stepped back and he stepped forward.

"No," Back and forward.

"Yes," Back. Forward.

"No," Back, and I hit the wall behind me. Will smirked, knowing he won. He closed the distance between us before I could run away from the wall.

"One last chance," Will's face was mere inches from mine, his hands on my waist, holding me against the wall. He leaned in next to ear, his fluffy blonde hair brushing my cheek, his breath making shivers go down my spine. "Kiss me."

"Ok," My voice was a whisper against his neck. Will leaned back down and pressed his lips against mine. His hand went to cup my cheek and mine wrapped around his neck, pulling him impossibly closer.

When he pulled away for air, I quickly kissed the tip of his nose to get rid of the frosting I had put on it. Will smiled sweetly down at me, causing a blush to tint my pale face. I smiled back up at him.

"Oh shoot," Will's smile fell. "I never put the frosting in the fridge- It's too hot in here! It's gonna melt!" I laughed as he panicked and ran into the kitchen.

"Is it melted?" I called once I heard a sigh of relief.

"No, it's not!" Will called back. I laughed again and went back over to the couch. I huddled under the blankets and waited for Will, watching Home Alone.

In that moment, I thanked the Gods for my husband. He made Christmas good again. Even though it was still sad sometimes, it wasn't an agonizing pain to celebrate the Holidays without my sister. Will was my sunshine and I don't know what would've happened to me without him.

This is unedited so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Well, that ended much more intense than I intended- whoops. I hope you liked it though! (I don't) And Merry Late Christmas or Late Kwanza or Late Hanukkah and have a happy New Years!