Prompt 34

So the OG prompt 34 is sad... and hard for me to write. You'll find out why once it's posted. I can't get a good end on Prompt 34 take two, so here I am writing a Valentine's Day themed one, ten days after. I'm so awesome... totally. Welp- besides the fact that I suck, I hope you enjoy another shitty and very late oneshot. I'm sorry.

Love yal, stay safe, and be kind <3

-Callie

Will

"It sucks that we have stupid school on Valentine's Day," Nico grumbled, shrugging his backpack strap back on his shoulder as we walked through crowds of kids. "Aren't we supposed to get holidays off?"

"I don't know." I replied, amused. "What would you even do if you got a random Tuesday off?"

"I don't knowwww," Nico exasperated. He kick the point of his Converse on the tile floor. "Probably spend it with you." I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. I draped an arm around his shoulders quickly, before he could see the obvious heat in my face.

"Awwww," I cooed, ruffling his hair after pressing my lips to his temple. We've been dating for about two months by now, and things were really great. It was still rare though that Nico showed public affection. His experiences with bullies in Italy, and even here, had left it's mark on him.

I didn't mind though. As long as he was comfortable and happy, I was too. "I thought you didn't like Valentines Day," I remembered as we stepped through the door of our first class, hand in hand.

"Well, yeah, but this year is different," Nico mumbled pulling me along to our seats. We thankfully sat next to each other, so our conversation could continue. I dropped my bag next to my desk, Nico doing the same, smirking knowingly as I sat, making him blush even more.

"And why would that be, my love?" I feigned a serious tone and expression, trying to hide my smile.

"Agh," Nico groaned, his cheeks a deep shape of pink, and buried his face in his hands. "You know why." 

"Do I?" I did. It was just fun teasing him.

"Yes, Will."

"Hmm," I hummed and tapped my chin. I couldn't hide the grin on my face from the world anymore. "I don't think I do,"

"You, Will! It's 'cause of you," His outburst has turned a few heads. I couldn't believe his face could get any redder. "You happy now, you idiot?" I laughed lightly and stood to hug him.

"Not quite," I leaned over his shoulder to kiss his cheek. "Now I am."